Teddy Bear Toss, Two Home Games this WeekendNovember 29, 2012 - Western Hockey League (WHL) - Kamloops Blazers Press Release
On Friday night at ISC, the Blazers host Sam Grist's former team in the Tri-City Americans. Game Sponsor Save On Foods will have intermission contests and giveaways throughout the night. Kewl Sports has also supplied 1000 hats to give away to fans upon entry; doors open at 6pm. Mini boxes of Shreddies courtesy of Post Cereals will be given out at the end of the game as fans exit the building.
Saturday, Dec 1st vs Moose Jaw
Teddy Bear Toss Night!
Saturday night at ISC the Blazers host the Moose Jaw Warriors for the annual Zimmer Autosport Teddy Bear Toss game!
Teddy Bear Night is a tradition going back to the 1993-94 season with the Blazers starting the tradition that has caught on across the CHL. Over almost 20 years, it is estimated that about 40,000 teddy bears have been collected and distributed in the community.
Sell Out the ISC for Charity!
The Blazers have once again pledged to donate $1 from every ticket sold to charity if seating capacity is reached at the ISC Saturday night for the annual Teddy Bear Toss game! Christmas Amalgamated here in Kamloops could receive a minimum of $5464 if the game sells out. Earlier this season, the Blazers donated $1 from each of the 5508 tickets sold to the annual Breast Cancer Night game to the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation.
Seating capacity at ISC is 5464; if this total is reached, 500 walk up tickets will be made available.
Blazers co-owner Tom Gaglardi will also be at Saturday's game to make a special announcement.
Tickets for either of the Blazers' weekend match ups can be purchased from the Blazers Box Office at ISC or over the phone by calling 250-828-3339. Box Office hours for this weekend are Friday from 9am through to game time, and Saturday from 11am through to game time.
Western Hockey League Stories from November 29, 2012
- Teddy Bear Toss, Two Home Games this Weekend - Kamloops Blazers
- Statement from Portland Winterhawks in Response to WHL - Portland Winterhawks
- WHL Issues Statement Regarding Sanctions Imposed on Portland - WHL
- WHL this Week: Looking Ahead - WHL
- TELECO, Rogers Unveil Special Holiday Offer - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Medicine Hat Tigers Reach Movember Fund Raising Target - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Rockets Deal Vasko to Red Deer - Kelowna Rockets
- Rebels Make Deal With Kelowna - Red Deer Rebels
- Raiders Sign Daae - Prince Albert Raiders
- Kelowna Squeaks out 3-2 Victory against Tri-City - Tri-City Americans
- Moose Jaw Beats Giants 2-1 Wednesday Night - Vancouver Giants
- Kelowna Holds off Tri-City 3-2 - Kelowna Rockets
- Oil Kings Fall 5-4 in Shoot Out - Edmonton Oil Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.