RG Flath Named Oakley CHL Player of the WeekNovember 26, 2012 - Central Hockey League (CHL) - Wichita Thunder Press Release
The Park City, UT native registered five points this past week, including two games with a goal and an assist. On Wednesday night, Flath registered a goal and had six shots on net to help the Thunder dispose of the Bloomington Blaze, 5-1. He followed that performance up with two points on Friday night, scoring the game-winner against Quad City en route to a 4-3 victory and notched his 100th professional assist. To finish off the week, Flath registered a goal and an assist in the Thunder's 5-4 win against the Fort Worth Brahmas. Flath has registered a goal in three-straight games and has helped the Thunder tie their longest winning streak of the season at four.
The 5-foot-11, 190-pounder is closing in on two more milestones for his career. He is six goals shy of 100 and just five points shy of hitting the 200-point barrier. Flath, who is in his sixth season as a pro, has registered four multi-point games so far this season.
In recognition of his achievement, Flath will receive a special gift from Oakley. To learn more about all of Oakley's products, visit www.oakley.com .
Wichita will be out of town for the next three games, beginning Friday, November 30th in Denver for their first-ever meeting against the Cutthroats. The Thunder's next home game is not until December 7th when the Tulsa Oilers come to town for the first time since opening weekend. For tickets, call 755-SEAT, visit the INTRUST Bank Arena box office or online at www.selectaseat.com .
Central Hockey League Stories from November 26, 2012
- Shots from the Point for November 26, 2012 - CHL
- Allen Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Wichita's R.G. Flath Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - CHL
- RG Flath Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - Wichita Thunder
- Bloomington Blaze Weekly - Bloomington Blaze
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Oilers Weekly News and Notes - Tulsa Oilers
- Shorthanded Rush Earn Point in Third-Straight Shootout - Rapid City Rush
- Cutthroats Top Rapid City in a Third Straight Shootout, 2-1 - Denver Cutthroats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.