Flynn, Brennan Power Amerks to 5-2 Win over DevilsNovember 23, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Rochester Americans Press Release
Defenseman T.J. Brennan added two goals and an assist while Flynn also recorded an assist for a four-point night as the pair combined for seven points and all five Amerk goals. Goaltender David Leggio stopped 33 of 35 saves, including a shorthanded breakaway chance by Albany's Adam Henrique, to pick up the win in goal. The Amerks leading goal scorer, Brennan buried two short-handed goals within a span of 6:35.
The Amerks struck first when Flynn scored his sixth goal of the season at 6:14 of the first period. Mark Pysyk was credited with the assist after his shot from the point rebounded off Devils goalie Jeff Frazee near the right circle. Flynn capitalized by flipping the puck over Frazee's shoulder.
Flynn's second goal of the night put the Amerks up 2-0 at 15:23 of the first period on a power-play. Marcus Foligno found a loose puck in front of the net and slid it over to Flynn, who was stationed near the left post for an easy tap-in goal. Brennan was also credited with an assist.
The Devils cut the deficit in half at 14:44 in the second period as Steve Zalewski banged home a loose puck for his first goal of the season to make it a 2-1 game. Mattias Tedenby attempted a centering pass from behind the net, but his bid caromed off Leggio's left foot and came to rest in the crease, allowing Zalweski to poke it over the goal-line for the tally. Tim Sestito was also credited with an assist on the goal.
Rochester regained its two-goal lead with 24 seconds remaining in the second period on a short-handed goal by Brennan. Mark Mancari fed captain Kevin Porter, who had Brennan trailing for a 2-on-1. Porter moved it over to Brennan on the right side, and the defenseman deposited the pass past Frazee.
The Amerks took a 4-1 lead in the third period when Brennan scored his second short-handed goal of the game. Last year's point leader, Phil Varone, stole the puck and found Flynn charging toward the net up the right wing wall. Varone made a pass to Brennan, who collected the puck and shot a wrister into the back of the net.
The Devils scored at 7:57 to make the score 4-2 when Raman Hraberenka scored his first goal of the season.
The Amerks put the game out of reach with 1:10 left in the game when Flynn completed his first professional hat trick on a empty net to make the score 5-2.
Rochester remains at home on Wednesday, Nov. 28 as the San Antonio Rampage make their only trip of the season to Western New York. The 7:05 p.m. contest at The Blue Cross Arena will be the first of just two meetings between the interconference rivals this season and will be broadcast live on Sports 1280 WHTK.
American Hockey League Stories from November 23, 2012
- Heat Beat Stars 1-0 in Overtime - Abbotsford Heat
- Rampage Fall to Houston, 2-1 - San Antonio Rampage
- Back to Back: Phantoms Prevail 2-1 - Adirondack Phantoms
- Sound Tigers Outscored by Whale 7-5 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Cole's Late Tally Leads to Shootout Win - Peoria Rivermen
- Abbotsford Slips by Texas 1-0 in Overtime - Texas Stars
- Tatar's Two Push Griffins Past Wolves - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monsters Can't Snap Winless Streak - Lake Erie Monsters
- Crunch Edged by Senators 2-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Saad's Third Period Tally Lifts Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals Fall in Shoot-Out to Peoria - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monarchs' Friday Gets Darker - Manchester Monarchs
- Whale defeat Sound Tigers - Connecticut Whale
- Falcons Battle Through Wild Second Period, Surrender in Overtime - Springfield Falcons
- Black Friday No Bargain for Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- B-Sens Extend Win Streak to Five Games with 2-1 Win over Crunch - Binghamton Senators
- Hamilton Finds a Good Deal in Manchester on Black Friday - Worcester Sharks
- Devils Lose at Rochester - Albany Devils
- Fontaine Leads Houston Aeros to 2-1 Win in San Antonio - Houston Aeros
- Admirals Can't Complete Comeback in Glens Falls - Norfolk Admirals
- TVA Sports, TSN Radio 690, Sirius XM All to Broadcast Hamilton - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Flynn, Brennan Power Amerks to 5-2 Win over Devils - Rochester Americans
- Fans Invited to Grey Cup Viewing Party at Copps Coliseum Following Bulldogs Game Sunday - Hamilton Bulldogs
- P-Bruins Recall Courtnall - Providence Bruins
- Griffins Take on Texas Twice Next Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sportsnet Adds More American Hockey League Action - AHL
- Falcons Players to Transform into Celebrity Servers Tuesday - Springfield Falcons
- SiriusXM NHL Network Radio Adds More American Hockey League Games to Schedule - AHL
- Amerks Ticket Discount Available on Specially Marked Pepsi Cans - Rochester Americans
- Falcons Game Preview: Springfield at Portland, Game #15 - Springfield Falcons
- Admirals Sign Rod Pelley to PTO; Assign Gabe Guentzel to ECHL Fort Wayne - Norfolk Admirals
- Darcy Kuemper Reassigned to Orlando, Aeros Sign Goalie John Curry - Houston Aeros
- Falcons Sign Defenseman Cullity - Springfield Falcons
- Park and Ride Continues for this Weekend's Games - St. John's IceCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.