Castellanos and Sands Named to 2012 Topps Triple-A All-Star TeamNovember 19, 2012 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Albuquerque Isotopes
Castellanos, 26, led all of Triple-A Baseball with a 1.010 on-base plug slugging percentage (OPS), ranked second in slugging percentage (.590) and fourth in on-base percentage (.420). Castellanos, who played primarily at second and third, had 17 homers, 52 RBI and ranked eighth in Triple-A with a .328 batting average. Castellanos hit his first career Major League home run on the final day of the Dodgers' 2012 season against the eventual World Series champion San Francisco Giants.
Sands, 25, paced all of Triple-A Baseball with 107 runs batted in and ranked fourth with 26 home runs. The second-year Isotopes outfielder/first baseman hit .296 and scored 84 runs, ninth best in Triple-A. Following the season, Sands was sent to the Boston Red Sox organization as a player to be named later in the August trade which brought Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Beckett, Carl Crawford, and Nick Punto to the Dodgers.
The Isotopes are one of only two teams which had two players selected to the team. Triple-A Baseball's National Champion Reno Aces are the other team.
Pacific Coast League Stories from November 19, 2012
- Eaton, Elmore Named Topps Triple-A All-Stars - Reno Aces
- Player of the Year Wil Myers, PCL MVP Adam Eaton Highlight Topps' Triple-A All-Stars - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Castellanos and Sands Named to 2012 Topps Triple-A All-Star Team - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Discounts and Opening Day Tickets Highlight Aces Black Friday Specials - Reno Aces
- Storm Chasers Season Tickets Now on Sale - Omaha Storm Chasers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.