Forward Nathan Moon Assigned to CyclonesOctober 10, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) Cincinnati Cyclones
Moon, a 22-year-old Belleville, Ontario native, will make his ECHL debut with the Cyclones this weekend after spending his rookie campaign in the AHL with the Worcester Sharks. While at the Triple-A level, he posted 32 points (12 goals, 20 assists) in 72 games to go along with 149 penalty minutes. This past July, he signed a one-year AHL contract with the Springfield Falcons; however, because his ECHL rights are owned by the Cyclones, he was assigned to Cincinnati - rather than Evansville, which is the Falcons' ECHL affiliate.
A 2008 fourth-round selection by the Pittsburgh Penguins, Moon played his amateur career with the Kingston Frontenacs, where he was among team leaders in points during his five seasons in the OHL.
With the pair of preseason games behind them, the 2012 regular season will begin this weekend! On Saturday, October 13, the Cyclones will host the second-annual Power Play 5K Run/Walk followed by the 2012 First Face-Off against the Wheeling Nailers at U.S. Bank Arena. Registration for the race is open NOW on CyclonesHockey.com. The first 7,500 fans through the gates will receive a FREE 2012-13 Cyclones Magnetic Schedule, courtesy of The Plastic Surgery Group. Fans can also get the latest team updates throughout the season on Facebook and Twitter (@CincyCyclones).
ECHL Stories from October 10, 2012
- ECHL Transactions - October 10 - ECHL
- Solar Bears Add AHL All-Star John Curry - Orlando Solar Bears
- Cyclones Receive AHL Reinforcements from Rampage - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Forward Nathan Moon Assigned to Cyclones - Cincinnati Cyclones
- K-Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
- K-Wings Release Three - Kalamazoo Wings
- Komets Open 61st Season Friday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Goaltender Andrew Engelage Returns to Utah - Utah Grizzlies
- Elmira Jackals Announce WEHH as New Radio Home - Elmira Jackals
- 'Blades & Germain Lexus Announce Promotional Giveaway to Season Ticket Holders - Florida Everblades
- Aces End Preseason with 4-2 Loss to Wranglers - Alaska Aces
- Wranglers Win 4-2 over Aces in Final Preseason Game - Las Vegas Wranglers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.