Fever Secures 8th Consecutive WNBA Playoff BidSeptember 1, 2012 - Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA) Indiana Fever
First access to the best seats and an exclusive online playoff offer is available at FeverBasketball.com until Friday, Sept. 14. Beginning Sept. 14 at 10:00 a.m., tickets for the Eastern Conference Semifinals will be available to the public at FeverBasketball.com, the Bankers Life Fieldhouse Box Office and all Ticketmaster outlets. A limited number of tickets starting at $10 will be available for the opening playoff round.
The Eastern Conference Semifinals begin Thursday, Sept. 27. Final seeding, pairings, dates and times will not be determined until the conclusion of the regular season, Sept. 23. Below are facts about the Fever and the upcoming WNBA Playoffs.
* Indiana's five-game win streak is its longest of the season. The Fever has won 7 of 8 games since the Olympic break.
* With Saturday's win, the Fever is 10-3 at home this season and has become the first team in WNBA history to record 10 or more home wins in 11 consecutive seasons.
* Indiana's eight-year run of reaching the postseason (2005-12) matches the longest in league history. Seattle owns a current streak of eight straight seasons (2004-11) which could reach nine years if the Storm qualifies this season. Los Angeles also owns an eight-year streak (1999-06).
* The 2012 playoff spot means nine postseason appearances in the Indiana's 13-year history. The Fever has reached the Eastern Conference Finals in four of the past seven years, with a trip to the WNBA Finals in 2009.
* Lin Dunn will make her sixth playoff appearance overall as a WNBA head coach. She and Seattle's Brian Agler currently share the league's longest active playoff coaching streak with four straight appearances (2008-11).
* Indiana is three wins shy of reaching the 20-win mark for the fourth straight season and the seventh time in eight years. The streak of four straight seasons would break the Fever's own conference record for consecutive 20-win seasons in 2005, 2006 and 2007.
* The Indiana Fever (2005-11) and Los Angeles Sparks (1999-06) are the only teams in WNBA history ever to have won 20 or more games, six times in a 7-year span. If the Indiana Fever reaches 20 wins in 2012, it will be the first franchise in WNBA history to record 20 or more wins, seven times in an 8-year span.
* If the Indiana Fever reaches 20 wins in 2012, it will join the L.A. Sparks as the only teams ever to produce seven 20-win seasons in WNBA history.
* Indiana's 17-8 record is the second-best in the Eastern Conference and, with nine games remaining, is within reach of the club's best records for wins. Indiana won 21 games in each of 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010 and 2011. The Fever won a franchise-record 22 games in 2009.
A WNBA playoff participant in eight straight seasons and nine times since 2002, the Indiana Fever has advanced to the Eastern Conference Finals four times in the past seven years. The Fever returns to Bankers Life Fieldhouse for a three-game homestand featuring Phoenix on Sept. 9 (6:00 p.m.), Seattle on Sept. 12 (7:00 p.m.) and defending WNBA champion Minnesota on Sept. 14 (7:00 p.m.) For single-game, playoffs and season ticket information, visit FeverBasketball.com or call (317) 917-2500.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
• Digg this story
• Add to Del.icio.us
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from September 1, 2012
- Fever Secures 8th Consecutive WNBA Playoff Bid - Indiana Fever
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.