Sounds to Welcome Goodlettsville Little League U.S. Champions to Greer SaturdayAugust 29, 2012 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Nashville Sounds
"Over the past couple of weeks, these kids became national heroes in this great game," said Sounds Vice President / General Manager Brad Tammen.
"As fans of theirs as well as the professional stewards of baseball in Middle Tennessee, Sounds staff and players are thrilled to share this evening in celebration of their achievement."
The Goodlettsville All-Stars will begin their afternoon by taking cuts and shagging fly balls during a batting practice session with the Sounds from 3:45 to 4:30 p.m. A tour of the Sounds' clubhouse and special meet-and-greet session with the Sounds will follow.
"Our players are excited to meet and interact with the Little Leaguers," said Sounds manager Mike Guerrero. "We followed their championship run from the locker room during our recent road trip."
After enjoying dinner with their families at the ballpark, the All-Stars will participate in a special pregame ceremony just prior to first pitch.
As the special Sounds' Field of Dreams team that night, Goodlettsville will be wearing their Southeast uniforms from the Little League World Series. The All-Stars will be introduced to the crowd by position along with the Sounds players as they take the field.
During the first pitch ceremony, every Goodlettsville All-Star Little Leaguer will simultaneously throw a first pitch to the 13 different Sounds players, followed by a special presentation to the Goodlettsville Little League.
In addition, the Sounds would like to thank members of the Goodlettsville Little League and baseball communities for their support of the team's amazing achievement by extending a special ticket offer for Saturday's game. Businesses and individuals associated with Goodlettsville and Goodlettsville Little League will receive half priced tickets by proof of residency or involvement in Goodlettsville Little League.
Goodlettsville ballplayers will sign autographs during a portion of the game.
To honor of their achievement, the Sounds will be sporting the U.S. Champions' black and teal Southeast Little League hats during Saturday's 6:35 p.m. game against the cross-state rival Memphis Redbirds.
A Goodlettsville-themed postgame fireworks extravaganza will conclude the special evening, courtesy of Nashville's NEWS 2.
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 29, 2012
- 'Topes Routed by RedHawks, 11-0 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- RedHawks Rout Isotopes, 11-0 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Sacramento Steals 4-3 Win with 9th Inning Rally - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Omaha Slugs Memphis - Memphis Redbirds
- Omaha Bounces Back to Beat Memphis - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Round Rock Express Cruise Past New Orleans 10-6 - Round Rock Express
- River Cats Clinch Record Sixth-Straight Division Crown - Sacramento River Cats
- Sounds Blank I-Cubs for Fourth Straight Victory - Nashville Sounds
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes vs. New Orleans Zephyrs - Round Rock Express
- RedHawks Game Notes: August 29, 2012 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- RedHawks, Hertz to Honor Reverend Bill Greason Tomorrow - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- John Ely Named PCL Pitcher of the Year - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Ely Earns 2012 PCL Pitcher of the Year - PCL
- Aces Foundation, JAKKS Pacific to Donate 15,000 Toys to Northern Nevada Children - Reno Aces
- Sounds to Welcome Goodlettsville Little League U.S. Champions to Greer Saturday - Nashville Sounds
- Isotopes hampered by 'Hawks - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Fresno Hands Aces 4-3 Loss in 12 Innings - Reno Aces
- Tucson wins victory - Tucson Padres
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.