Frontenacs Introduce New LogoAugust 29, 2012 - Ontario Hockey League (OHL) Kingston Frontenacs
"This is an opportunity for our Club to introduce its own identity," said General Manager Doug Gilmour. "It's a different look, both in logo and in our new jerseys and we are excited about it," he added.
When the Frontenacs moved into the K-Rock Centre in February 2008, the team reverted to the Circle K sweaters for opening night on the 22nd. This Circle K sweater was worn by the Club from 1989-90 until the Count Frontenac sweaters were introduced as a third sweater in the 2000-01 season.
"It's exciting and a completely new look," said Jeff Stilwell, Director of Marketing and Communications. "Our organisation looked at various designs for the logo as well as the new sweaters, and we believe we've hit a home run with them," he added.
Training Camp opens for the Black and Gold on Thursday August 30th when the team's veteran's report. The next day sees the prospects and draft picks arrive and the beginning on on-ice practices.
Ontario Hockey League Stories from August 29, 2012
- McCann, Hughes Light up Scoresheet on Day Two - Windsor Spitfires
- Otters Trim Training Camp Roster to 38 Players - Erie Otters
- Attack Acquire Defenseman from Sarnia - Owen Sound Attack
- Otters Acquire Goaltender Brown from Petes - Erie Otters
- Petes Trade Goaltender - Peterborough Petes
- Frontenacs Introduce New Logo - Kingston Frontenacs
- Rangers Set Fan Appreciation BBQ and Exhibition Schedule - Kitchener Rangers
- Statement from GM Kyle Dubas - Soo Greyhounds
- Colts Host Intersquad Game Thursday - Barrie Colts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.