Statement from GM Kyle DubasAugust 29, 2012 - Ontario Hockey League (OHL) Soo Greyhounds
Therefore, given that training camp is set to begin this morning we are announcing that Nicholas Cousins, Andrew Fritsch, and Mark Petaccio will not be present. They have not been suspended by our club, but the counselling, at this time, takes priority. The three young men must deal with the ensuing court process, and each young man is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Our hockey program's priority is to develop responsible people first, and hockey players second.
Once the players complete the behavioural wellness program, we will reassess the situation with the intention being that the players will re-join our hockey club. As this program is confidential we will not comment on timelines, nor will we comment on the program directly. We ask that everyone respects the privacy of each of the three young men as they go through it.
This decision is aimed at ensuring that each young man is mentally and emotionally prepared for the many legal challenges ahead. It is also what we feel is best for each young man as a person, and for their teammates."
Ontario Hockey League Stories from August 29, 2012
- McCann, Hughes Light up Scoresheet on Day Two - Windsor Spitfires
- Otters Trim Training Camp Roster to 38 Players - Erie Otters
- Attack Acquire Defenseman from Sarnia - Owen Sound Attack
- Otters Acquire Goaltender Brown from Petes - Erie Otters
- Petes Trade Goaltender - Peterborough Petes
- Frontenacs Introduce New Logo - Kingston Frontenacs
- Rangers Set Fan Appreciation BBQ and Exhibition Schedule - Kitchener Rangers
- Statement from GM Kyle Dubas - Soo Greyhounds
- Colts Host Intersquad Game Thursday - Barrie Colts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.