Dragons Gameday for August 16August 16, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Dayton Dragons
Fifth Third Field l Dayton, Ohio l 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WONE-AM 980 l TV: WHIO 7.2 (23, 372)
Lake County Captains (27-23, 58-61) at Dayton Dragons (21-28, 51-68)
LH Danny Jimenez (1-2, 4.84) vs. RH Radhames Quezada (5-7, 3.30)
Today's Game : The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Lake County Captains (affiliate of the Cleveland Indians) in the second game of a three-game series.
- Joe Terry is batting .364 (16 for 44) over his last 12 games to raise his average from .247 to .266.
- Kyle Waldrop is batting .333 (26 for 78) with two home runs over his last 22 games, raising his average from .263 to .277.
- Mike Dennhardt has allowed runs in only one outing since June 29. Over his last 13 relief appearances, he has allowed three runs in 21 innings (1.29 ERA). All three runs came in the same inning.
- Carlos Gonzalez over his last nine relief appearances: 3-0, 0.46 ERA, 1 Sv, 19.2 IP, 2 R, 1 ER.
- The Dragons are 8-5 over their last 13 games.
- Dragons relievers have allowed only one earned run over their last 21 innings over the last five games.
Playoff Chase : The Dragons must finish first or second in the East Division in the second half (excluding Lansing and Bowling Green) to qualify for the playoffs. Entering today's games, they are five and one-half games out of the playoff slot.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (All game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Friday (7:00 p.m.): Dayton RH Robert Stephenson (2-0, 3.00) vs. Lake County RH Mason Radeke (5-6, 3.77)
Midwest League Stories from August 16, 2012
- Whitecaps' Comeback Soured By Walk-Off Loss - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Rattlers hold on to beat Beloit - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Chiefs Lose 4-0 Thursday - Peoria Chiefs
- Snappers Fall Despite 9th Inning Rally - Beloit Snappers
- River Bandits roll Kernels, 8-1 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Loons Outpaced by Hot Rods - Great Lakes Loons
- Groff's Tenth-Inning Knock Lifts Hawks - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Markel Continues Surge, Hot Rods Win in Great Lakes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- River Bandits Keep Hot Streak against Kernels in 8-1 Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Diaz, Arias Lead Dragons to 12-6 Win - Dayton Dragons
- Cougars Even Series, Beat Clinton - Kane County Cougars
- Lugnuts fall, 2-0, in rain-shortened shutout - Lansing Lugnuts
- Dragons Slug Captains 12-6 - Lake County Captains
- TinCaps Win 2-0, Secure Series Victory - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- LumberKings At-Bat against Traumatic Brain Injuries - Clinton LumberKings
- Dragons Gameday for August 16 - Dayton Dragons
- LumberKings Announce "Kings of the Diamond" Softball Tournament - Clinton LumberKings
- Track the Backwoods of Bowling Green at the Ballpark - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Bees to Welcome Three Millionth Fan - Burlington Bees
- Two Big Innings Lift LumberKings in Kane County - Clinton LumberKings
- Bees Beat Peoria, 5-1 - Burlington Bees
- Snappers Win in Slug Fest 13-10 over Wisconsin - Beloit Snappers
- Snappers outslug Wisconsin - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.