Travelers and Birmingham Barons Announce Travelers Night at the BallparkAugust 10, 2012 - Southern League (SL) Birmingham Barons
WHAT: First Pitch 1992 Alabama Football National Champions Prince Wimbley, Derrick Owens Lassic, Antonio Langham, David Palmer and ESPY Award-Winner, Tyrone Prothro, will be throwing out the ceremonial first pitch to generate awareness and money for Coach Nick Saban's charity, Nick's Kids Fund at Travelers Night at the Ballpark on Aug. 18 when the Barons take on the Tennessee Smokies.
Nick's Kids Fund Donation Each legendary player will have the chance to throw out a pre-game pitch. For each strike they throw, Travelers will donate $500 to Nick's Kids Fund, for a total of $2,500. (Travelers previously raised $5,000 for Nick's Kids Fund in 2011, and will continue this effort and partnership at the Alabama vs. Ole Miss football game on Saturday, Sept. 29.)
Photo Experience Throughout the Barons game, the Alabama alumni will be on site at the Travelers Photo Experience, where fans will have the opportunity to have their photo taken with the players for their personalized cover of the Birmingham Barons game program.
Putting Challenge Additional fan activities at Travelers Night at the Ballpark include the Travelers Putting Challenge, where fans who make two out of three putts will receive a prize. All fans that stop by the Putting Challenge can complete a form to receive a complimentary Travelers/Birmingham Barons branded T-shirt, available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Travelers will also be a co-sponsor of the post-game fireworks.
VIP Fan Experience Leading up to Travelers Night at the Ballpark, fans were invited to stop by the Customer Service Booth within Regions Park at all Barons home games to enter for a chance to win the ultimate VIP Fan Experience. The winner is Laura Jones of Gardendale, Ala. and the VIP Fan Experience will be redeemed at Travelers Night at the Ballpark on Saturday, Aug. 18.
WHERE: Regions Park, 100 Ben Chapman Drive, Hoover, AL 35244
WHEN: Saturday, Aug. 18, 2012 beginning at 6:30 p.m. CDT immediately prior to the start of the game
For more details on Travelers Night at the Ballpark, please visit the official Birmingham Barons website. Note: Travelers will also be on site with their interactive Photo Experience and Putting Challenge at the Barons game on Friday, Aug. 17 starting at 7:05 p.m. CDT.
Southern League Stories from August 10, 2012
- 35th Sellout of the Season on Mini Bat Giveaway Night - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Late Rally Falls Short in 4-3 Loss Friday Night - Tennessee Smokies
- Generals Blast by Montgomery Friday to Stop Skid - Jackson Generals
- Biscuits Struggle in Clutch, Fall 4-2 - Montgomery Biscuits
- BayBears Fall to Suns in Friday Matinee - Mobile BayBears
- Bobby Stevens to Mississippi - Mississippi Braves
- Suns Maul BayBears 11-5 - Jacksonville Suns
- Generals Game Notes - Jackson Generals
- On Air: Inside the Blue Wahoos Is on Now - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Barons and Smokies Open Promotion Packed Homestand - Birmingham Barons
- Travelers and Birmingham Barons Announce Travelers Night at the Ballpark - Birmingham Barons
- BayBears Back Strong Pitching with 6-2 Win - Mobile BayBears
- Car Survivor 3 Ends on Rules Violation - Huntsville Stars
- Smokies Even up Series with Stars - Huntsville Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.