Three Red Bulls Called for International DutyAugust 9, 2012 - Major League Soccer (MLS) New York Red Bulls
Lindpere received a call up from Estonia for the nation's friendly against UEFA Euro 2012 co-host Poland, to be played on Aug. 15 in Tallinn, Estonia. Lindpere, who is in his third season with the Red Bulls, has appeared 78 times for Estonia, and has scored five times in international play. This season for New York, the midfielder has three goals in 23 games played, and has produced five assists which ranks second-best on the team. For his MLS career, Lindpere has made 86 appearances, starting 82 times, and has recorded 13 goals and 18 assists. In 2010, the 30-year-old he was named the team's Most Valuable Player.
Miller, 27, will look to earn his 31st cap for the Ticos when they host Peru in an international friendly on Aug. 15 in San Jose, Costa Rica. Like Lindpere, Miller is also in his third season as a member of the Red Bulls after signing with the club prior to the 2010 season. He has appeared in 75 MLS games for New York and has registered 10 assists. This season, his five assists are tied with Lindpere as the second-best mark on the club, and he has played in 20 of the team's 23 matches, starting 18 times.
Puerto Rico has called in Gaudette for their match against reigning European and FIFA World Cup Champion Spain on Aug. 15 in Bayamon, Puerto Rico. Gaudette, who has appeared twice for the Puerto Rico National Team, was acquired by New York on July 13 from the Los Angeles Galaxy. Since joining the Red Bulls, the 30-year-old shot stopper has started five times, posting a record of 2-2-1 with two shutouts. From 2008-10, Gaudette played for the Puerto Rico Islanders, and led the club to the USSF Divison 2 Professional League title in 2010. From 2005-08, he was a member of the Columbus Crew, making 17 appearances.
Major League Soccer Stories from August 9, 2012
- MLS Reschedules Columbus-Toronto Match to August 22 - Toronto FC
- Crew vs. Toronto Match Rescheduled for August 22 - Columbus Crew
- MLS Reschedules Columbus-Toronto Match to August 22 - MLS
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Suspends and Fines Montreal Impact Defender Nelson Rivas - MLS
- Dynamo Face New York Red Bulls on Friday Seeking Sixth Consecutive Win - Houston Dynamo
- Rapids Name Dave Dir New Assistant/Goalkeeper Coach - Colorado Rapids
- Three Red Bulls Called for International Duty - New York Red Bulls
- Sporting Kansas City Weekly Update - Sporting Kansas City
- D.C. United Acquires Mike Chabala from the Portland Timbers - D.C. United
- Earthquakes D Victor Bernardez and M Marvin Chavez Named to Honduras National Team Roster - San Jose Earthquakes
- Four Dynamo Players Called up for International Friendlies - Houston Dynamo
- Timbers Acquire New Zealand International Ian Hogg, Trade Defender Mike Chabala to D.C. United - Portland Timbers
- Sounders FC Falls to Sporting KC in U.S. Open Cup Final - Seattle Sounders FC
- Sporting KC Crowned Champions of U.S. Open Cup - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.