Skaggs Dominant in 5-3 Aces' VictoryAugust 3, 2012 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Reno Aces
Skaggs (4-1) allowed just two hits with nine punch-outs for his fourth win of the season. The young left-hander lowers his season ERA to 1.73, and now has allowed just three earned runs over his last six starts-a span of 34.2 innings.
Reno jumped ahead early, thanks to a two-run first-inning home run off the bat of Mike Jacobs. The Aces added-on with a run in the sixth and two in the ninth. The Storm Chasers scratched across a run in the eighth and added two more in the ninth, but they would get no closer, as Jonathan Albaladejo nailed down his 20th save of the season.
The hard-luck loss fell to Omaha starter Jake Odorizzi (8-2), who surrendered three runs on seven hits over 5.1 innings of work.
At the plate for Reno, A.J. Pollock led the way with three hits, while Adam Eaton added a pair of singles to his Minor League hit lead.
The series comes to a close on Saturday night. RHP Charles Brewer (7-6, 5.58 ERA) gets the nod for Reno, while RHP Nate Adcock (6-3, 5.71 ERA) counters for Omaha. First pitch is set for 5:05 p.m. PT at Werner Park, and the action can be heard live on Fox Sports 630 AM or by visiting RenoAces.com.
The Aces return to Downtown Reno on Aug. 10 to kick-off an eight-game homestand. Tickets are on-sale now at RenoAces.com, by calling (775) 334-7000 or by visiting the Aces Ballpark Ticket Office.
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 3, 2012
- Round Rock wins 8-7 - Tucson Padres
- Chasers Fall 5-3; Five Game Win Streak Snapped - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Zephyrs Fall to Salt Lake - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Skaggs Dominant in 5-3 Aces' Victory - Reno Aces
- Round Rock Express Rally Past Tucson 8-7 - Round Rock Express
- Cubs Drop Seventh Straight - Iowa Cubs
- RedHawks Game Notes: August 3, 2012 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Coleman Rejoins Iowa, Parker Rehabs with I-Cubs - Iowa Cubs
- Reno Aces Aim to Beat the Heat with Hot Doggest Nights - Reno Aces
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes vs. Tucson Padres - Round Rock Express
- Cubs Name LHP Brooks Raley Minor League Pitcher of the Month - Iowa Cubs
- Rainiers, Union Bank Hit a Home Run for Area Youth - Tacoma Rainiers
- Sounds Lose to Fresno in Extras, 4-3 - Nashville Sounds
- Rainiers Roughed Up By RedHawks, 7-1 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Ely Resilient in 8-5 'Topes Win - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Cowgill Powers River Cats Past Redbirds, 4-3 - Sacramento River Cats
- RedHawks Snap Skid in 7-1 Victory - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Salt Lake rallies for win - Salt Lake Bees
- Bees Sting Zephyrs, Snap Seven Game Win Streak - New Orleans Zephyrs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.