Eisenhardt & Gray Earn All-Arena HonorsAugust 2, 2012 - Arena Football League (AFL) Chicago Rush
"This is a tremendous honor for two of our players to be recognized as elite competitors in this league," stated head coach Bob McMillen. "For Billy (Eisenhardt) to bounce back from his ACL injury last year and show the league he's one of the elite centers is a true testament to his competitive nature. Reggie had a tall task to follow up his 2011 season, but he proved to everyone that he could do it regardless of all the varied coverage's tossed his way this year."
In his third AFL season, Billy Eisenhardt (6-3, 275, Grand Valley State) started in 16 games at the center position and provided protection for an offense that threw for 5,478 yards and 107 touchdowns, both franchise records. The anchor for the offensive line, his stellar year allowed the team to rank first overall in passing efficiency with a 124.5 quarterback rating. Showcasing versatility he stepped in as the long snapper early in the year propelling the team to finish fourth overall in extra point percentage.
"It's a huge honor to be named an All-Arena player in a league filled with talented offensive lineman. I'm thankful I have the opportunity to continue playing a game I love at a high level," said Billy Eisenhardt.
His teammate Reggie Gray (5-10, 175, Western Illinois) earns the All-Arena honor for the second consecutive year as he amassed 140 receptions, 1,937 yards and 52 total touchdowns in 18 games this season. The impressive year allowed him to claim Chicago Rush career records for all-purpose touchdowns, receiving touchdowns and receiving yards. Also, by posting a single-season record for receptions this year he eclipsed his previous team record of 130 receptions set in 2011.
"It's an honor for the first two years in the league to be considered among the best at my position," stated Reggie Gray. "I'm humbled by this acknowledgement of my talent and understand that without God none of this would be possible."
The performances of Billy Eisenhardt and Reggie Gray highlighted a successful 10-win season for the Chicago Rush. To keep up with the team as they head into 2013 make sure to visit arenarush.com or call the front office at 855-787-4946 for information on season ticket packages.
Arena Football League Stories from August 2, 2012
- Grady, Lesue Earn All-Arena Accolades - Utah Blaze
- Barnstormers' Schmidt Named to All-AFL First Team - Iowa Barnstormers
- Eisenhardt & Gray Earn All-Arena Honors - Chicago Rush
- OL George Bussey Earns All-Arena Honors - Tampa Bay Storm
- Ross, Jones Named to All-Arena Team - Philadelphia Soul
- AVITAE ArenaBowl XXV Charity Golf Invitational Set - New Orleans VooDoo
- Trio of SaberCats Earn All-Arena Offensive Honors - San Jose SaberCats
- Dominick Goodman Earns All-AFL Offensive Team Honors - Cleveland Gladiators
- Utah's Grady, Lesue Headline All-Arena Offense - AFL
- Lafauci to Speak at Avitae ArenaBowl XXV Prayer Breakfast - New Orleans VooDoo
- Top 25 Players in AFL History: No. 4 Jay Gruden - AFL
- Capozzoli Voted National Guard MVP of Quarterfinals - AFL
- Playoff Preview: Sharks' Path to ArenaBowl Goes Through Philly - Jacksonville Sharks
- SaberCats Announce 2012 Team Awards - San Jose SaberCats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.