Series Opener Postponed Between Curve and CatsJuly 26, 2012 - Eastern League (EL) Altoona Curve
Fans who had tickets to Thursday night's (July 26th) contest at Peoples Natural Gas Field can exchange them for any other remaining 2012 Altoona Curve game for equal or lesser value based on availability.
Friday night is the much-anticipated Alex "Not Elvis" Presley Figurine Giveaway, scheduled to be handed out that night to the first 1,000 fans through the gates, which open at 5 p.m. for the doubleheader. The figurine is a salute to the question that the outfielder gets anywhere he goes: "Are you related to Elvis Presley - The answer is no, but Alex has had fun with it in the past, including a now-dormant Twitter handle "@AlexNotElvis". Fans will notice the depiction on the figurine has Presley in an Elvis-style Curve "uniform suit" complete with gold sequins, a wide shirt collar, bell-bottom pant legs, low boot-style shoes, and a cardinal red scarf.
The item is being sponsored by the Mid-Atlantic Dairy Association and Pennsylvania Dairy Promotion Program. Fans are also encouraged to bring canned food items as the MDA will collect donations for the American Rescue Workers Hollidaysburg Food Pantry at the game. Game attendees who donate a canned food item will receive a miniature cow keychain as a thank you from local dairy farmers.
All guests are invited to stop by the Mid-Atlantic Dairy Association and Pennsylvania Dairy Promotion Program booth to register for the "Your Milk Comes from a Good Place" prize pack, consisting of four tickets to a future Altoona Curve game, a gift card for concessions and various "got milk?(r)" items. The team is also offering a shirt signed by all team members as a special offer for the grand prize.
The Curve and Fisher Cats will clash for the first time this season during Friday night's doubleheader. These two clubs haven't played each other yet this year but will do so with Friday's twinbill and single games on Saturday and Sunday, as well, followed by a three-game series in New Hampshire from August 17-19.
Airtime for Friday's broadcast from Peoples Natural Gas Field is set for 5:30 p.m. on ESPN 1430 and the Curve Radio Network. For tickets and more information, call 877.99.CURVE, visit AltoonaCurve.com or stop by the box office at Peoples Natural Gas Field.
Eastern League Stories from July 26, 2012
- Thunder-Senators Game Suspended Thursday - Trenton Thunder
- Thursday's R-Phils-Rock Cats Game Rained Out - Reading Fightin Phils
- Fisher Cats Rained out in Altoona - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Series Opener Postponed Between Curve and Cats - Altoona Curve
- Thursday's Aeros Game Rained Out - Akron Aeros
- Sea Dogs Postponed in Binghamton - Portland Sea Dogs
- Rain Postpones Series Opener - Binghamton Mets
- Flying Squirrels Game Notes at Erie - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Sea Dogs Game Notes July 26 at Binghamton - Portland Sea Dogs
- Major League Baseball's Last 30-Game Winner Comes to Erie - Erie SeaWolves
- Baysox Reschedule Charity 5k - Bowie Baysox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.