Cats Grab Early Lead, Defeat RoadrunnersJuly 24, 2012 - North American League (NAL) Fort Worth Cats
Edinburg got on the board in the bottom of the fourth against Trevor Harden. After a leadoff walk to Wilmer Pino, Derek Perren drove him in with an RBI single that made it 5-1 in favor of Ft. Worth.
In the top of the fifth, a wild pitch allowed Shelby Ford to score extending the Cats lead 6-1.
Tim Battle hit his third home run of the season in the bottom of the fifth that made the score 6-2. The Roadrunners would not get a single hit for the rest of the night.
Harden (5-4) picked up the win after allowing just two runs on four hits in six innings with five strike outs.
With the win, the Cats are now tied in second place with Rio Grande Valley and trail first-place Edinburg by just two and a half games. The remaining games of this road trip for Fort Worth are crucial as the Cats still have two more games against Edinburg and then a four-game series against Rio Grande Valley.
The Roadrunners and Cats will continue their four-game series Wednesday night at Edinburg Baseball Stadium. Osvaldo Rodriguez (4-0) is expected to face Steven Barnes (4-4) with the first pitch scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
North American League Stories from July 24, 2012
- San Rafael Pacifics to Play Exhibition against Sonoma County Grapes - San Rafael Pacifics
- Cats Grab Early Lead, Defeat Roadrunners - Fort Worth Cats
- WhiteWings Win Big - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Cats Grab Early Lead, Defeat Roadrunners - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Thunder Blasted by Wings - McAllen Thunder
- Colts Win Second Straight - San Angelo Colts
- Dogs fall 4-1 in San Angelo - Abilene Prairie Dogs
- McGraw the Newest Dog - Abilene Prairie Dogs
- Dingeman Responds - Abilene Prairie Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.