Second Steal of a LifetimeJuly 7, 2012 - Coastal Plain League (Coastal Plain) Fayetteville SwampDogs
At each home game throughout the season, fans can enter to win the promotion upon entering the ballpark. If a Fayetteville player steals home at any point during the contest, a name is drawn and declared a winner of $15,000 towards a new car courtesy of Stewart Nissan.
For no more than the price of admission, two lucky fans have the opportunity to drive away in brand new vehicles.
The coaching staff has preached base-running aggressiveness throughout the summer, as the SwampDogs lead the league in stolen bases. It was the second time a member of the team stole home, and the second time Stewart Nissan provided a brand new vehicle to a lucky fan.
It is the first time that the promotion occurred twice in the same season, as Anderson was already presented her vehicle on the field during a game earlier this season. Houston will be invited back to do the same in the coming weeks.
"To be a part of such a great promotion is a thrill, but to give away two vehicles in such a short time is unbelievable," said SwampDogs assistant general manager Jeremy Aagard. "We appreciate Stewart Nissan's partnership with this promotion and are very excited for the opportunity they've given our fans. They've allowed us to take a once-in-a-lifetime event and make it twice-in-a-lifetime!"
Coastal Plain League Stories from July 7, 2012
- Ball Propels Steamers to Win - Edenton Steamers
- Redwolves Rally Past Tobs in 13 Innings - Wilson Tobs
- Blowfish Win Third Straight - Columbia Blowfish
- Sharks Score Early, Late as Marlins Fall - Morehead City Marlins
- Owls Drop Third in a Row - Forest City Owls
- Somsen Shines Again in Dogs Win - Fayetteville SwampDogs
- Keller Is Stellar In 6-1 Win - Wilmington Sharks
- Second Steal of a Lifetime - Fayetteville SwampDogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.