INF Chad Tracy Added to Nationals RosterJuly 4, 2012 - Carolina League (CarL) Potomac Nationals
Tracy, 32, was placed on the 15-Day DL with a right groin tear he suffered in late May with Washington. He was hitting .265 in 32 games primarily as a pinch hitter with Washington. Tracy had blasted three homers in just 49 at-bats this season. Tracy was signed as a minor-league free agent by Washington on December 20, 2011.
The East Carolina University product first broke into the big leagues in 2004 with Arizona. His finest season was 2005 with the D-Backs when Tracy hit .308 with 27 homers and 72 RBI. In 2006, he followed up that year with 20 home runs and 80 RBI. Last year Tracy played for the Hiroshima Toyo Carp of the Japanese Central League hitting .235 over 40 games. Tracy was originally signed by Arizona in 2001 when current Washington GM Mike Rizzo was Arizona's Scouting Director.
He made rehab appearances in three years in the Arizona organization. Tonight will be his first game as a P-Nat.
Tracy will be wearing #37.
Carolina League Stories from July 4, 2012
- Salem Snaps Skid, Blasts Carolina 12-3 - Salem Red Sox
- Mummey Mash Keys Victory - Frederick Keys
- Winston Sets Attendance Record in Loss - Winston-Salem Dash
- Sox Thump Mudcats - Carolina Mudcats
- Pelicans Win Fifth Straight, 8-4 - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- P-Nats Cough up Late Lead on the Fourth of July - Potomac Nationals
- Three Homers Spark 'Cats in Offensive Outburst - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Rocks Go Down Fighting on the Fourth - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Blue Rocks Game Notes - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- INF Chad Tracy Added to Nationals Roster - Potomac Nationals
- Lynchburg Hillcats Game Notes - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Righties Shuffled on Dash Roster - Winston-Salem Dash
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.