Defenseman Andrew Campbell Signs Two-Year Contract with the KingsJuly 3, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) Manchester Monarchs
Campbell, 24, had 19 points (2-1719), 54 penalty minutes and a plus-14 rating in 76 games with the Monarchs of the American Hockey League while serving as an alternate captain this past season. His 19 points and 17 assists both served as AHL career highs, and so did his plus-14 rating.
At the conclusion of the 2011-12 regular season, Campbell was named the winner of the Monarchs' Mark Bavis Unsung Hero award for the second straight year (voted on by Monarchs players) and he shared the Monarchs Community Service award with teammate, defenseman Thomas Hickey.
The 6-foot-3, 207-pound Campbell is a native of Caledonia, Ontario, and he has skated with Manchester in each of the past four seasons.
Campbell was selected in the third-round (74th overall) in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft, and he has 50 points (8-4250) and 262 penalty minutes in 298 career AHL regular season games - all with the Monarchs. Additionally, he has five points (1-45) and 28 penalty minutes in 27 career AHL postseason games.
True excitement comes in a purple and gold package with Monarchs hockey! With Monarchs Ticket Packages, fans can reserve their seat for one of the best entertainment experiences in New England. Fast-paced, hard-hitting and full of fun for the whole family, the Monarchs invite you to join us in the Jungle! Visit www.manchestermonarchs.com or call the Front Office at 603-626-7825!
American Hockey League Stories from July 3, 2012
- Coyotes Statement Regarding Forward Brett Maclean - San Antonio Rampage
- Rochester Americans Sign Rankin, Schofield to AHL Contracts - Rochester Americans
- Defenseman Andrew Campbell Signs Two-Year Contract with the Kings - Manchester Monarchs
- Remembering Rufenach: Center I.C.E. to Honor Fallen Prospect - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Bears Sign Forward Mathieu Beaudoin - Hershey Bears
- Rangers Re-Sign Kris Newbury - Connecticut Whale
- Worcester Sharks Resign Forward Jimmy Bonneau - Worcester Sharks
- Senators Sign Forward Hugh Jessiman to a One-Year, Two-Way Contract - Binghamton Senators
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Former Admirals Defenseman Matt Smaby to One-Year Deal - Norfolk Admirals
- Kings 2012 Development Camp Opens on July 6 at TSC - Manchester Monarchs
- Phantoms and Flyers Sign Five - Adirondack Phantoms
- Summer Update from the Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- Four-Time AHL All-Star St. Pierre Signs with Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Sabres to Hold 2012 Development Camp at First Niagara Center - Rochester Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.