Voting Underway for Dragons Players of the MonthJuly 2, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Dayton Dragons
Each month, three hitters and three pitchers will be selected as nominees based on their performances on the field. The winning players will be honored on Thursday, July 5th during an inning break of the Dragons game. There will also be a Player of the Month luncheon on Friday, July 6th at McDonald's, 3411 York Commons Boulevard near Miller Lane. Fans may attend to ask questions to the winning players and receive autographs. The players will be available to the media for interviews.
Below are the nominees for June (Statistics for the month of June only):
Hitter of the Month Nominees:
- Sean Buckley (first baseman): Batted .305 with eight doubles, three home runs, and 13 runs batted in. Buckley is tied for the team lead in extra base hits with 11.
- Juan Silva (outfielder): Batted .375 with seven doubles, three home runs and a team-leading 15 runs batted in. Tied for team lead in extra base hits with 11. Also has contributed a team-leading seven stolen bases.
- Kyle Waldrop (outfielder): Batted .284 with three doubles, two home runs and 13 runs batted in.
Pitcher of the Month Nominees:
- James Allen: In seven relief appearances, went 4-0 with a 0.63 earned run average. Allowed one earned run in 14.1 innings.
- Cole Green: In eight relief appearances, posted a 3.14 ERA with no wins or losses. Did not allow an earned run until his final outing of the month.
- Radhames Quezada: In five starts, went 3-0 with a 2.08 ERA. Allowed six runs in 26 innings.
Midwest League Stories from July 2, 2012
- Quad Cities' Winning Streak Snapped in 9-2 Loss to Wisconsin - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Beloit bites Kernels with another one-run loss, 6-5 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Navarro Delivers Game-Winner in Extras - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Carpenter Stellar But Hot Rods Fall Late - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Buckley's Homer Lifts Dragons to Comeback Win - Dayton Dragons
- Sanchez's Seven Guide Loons to Win - Great Lakes Loons
- Bees Win in Walk-Off Fashion - Burlington Bees
- Hawks withstand Pillar HR, top Lugs in 10 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Chiefs Lose for Sixth Straight Night - Peoria Chiefs
- West Michigan Nearly No-Hit In 1-0 Loss - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Rattlers Rock River Bandits - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Cougars Score Shutout Win over Chiefs - Kane County Cougars
- TinCaps Hang On, Defeat Captains, 5-4 - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Fort Wayne Rallies Late and Wins 5-4 - Lake County Captains
- Former Kernels Trout, Trumbo and Napoli Selected to MLB All-Star Game - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dayton Dragons Homestand Preview - Dayton Dragons
- OF Lee Orr Placed on DL - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Voting Underway for Dragons Players of the Month - Dayton Dragons
- Shane Riedie joins Kernels from Orem; Eswarlin Jimenez placed on DL - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- MWL Honors Sanchez as Pitcher of the Week - Lansing Lugnuts
- Pair of Former Cougars Named Major League All-Stars - Kane County Cougars
- Dragons Gameday for July 2 - Dayton Dragons
- Tickets for July 4 and 5 Whitecaps Games on Sale for $5 Today - West Michigan Whitecaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.