Pederson Launches Three Bombs in Quakes Route of MavsJuly 1, 2012 - California League (CalL) - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
Pederson, who had two home runs in his first 51 games, homered in last night's loss at Lancaster, then swatted three round-trippers in his first three at-bats, giving him six on the year.
With 17 runs and 22 hits, the Quakes established new highs for runs and hits, surpassing their previous totals of 13 and 16, respectively.
Dodgers' reliever Javy Guerra got the start for Rancho, his first of two scheduled appearances for the Quaeks. Guerra was touched for a run in the first, as Brad Miller doubled and later scored on a groundout by John Hicks, giving the Mavs a 1-0 lead.
It was all Quakes from then on out, as they scored five in the second and six in the third, taking command of the game against High Desert starter Angel Raga (3-3), who was charged for 11 runs in just 2 2/3 innings.
Leon Landry and Bobby Coyle each enjoyed a big day too, as Landry went 4-for-6 with four RBIs, while Coyle became the second Quake in the last week to record a five-hit game, as he went 5-for-5 with a two-run homer, his second of the year.
JonMichael Redding (6-1) earned the win in relief of Guerra, allowing two runs, one earned over six innings.
Dodgers' second baseman Mark Ellis played in his second straight game for Rancho, finishing 1-for-3 with an RBI in four plate appearances.
Guerra (0-0) will start again for the Quakes (4-7, 41-40) on Monday night, as he's scheduled for another inning of work. Brandon Martinez (2-1) will follow in relief, while High Desert is slated to throw Jimmy Gillheeney (7-2), with first pitch scheduled for 7:05pm.
Monday is another Social Media Monday, as fans that follow the Quakes on Twitter and Facebook can receive great prizes throughout the night. Gates open at 6:05pm and tickets are available by calling (909) 481-5000 or online at rcquakes.com. Go Quakes!
California League Stories from July 1, 2012
- Pederson Launches Three Bombs in Quakes Route of Mavs - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- Wade Miley Selected to NL All-Star Team - Visalia Rawhide
- Elsinore Errors Are Blaze Opportunities, Blaze Beat Storm 4-2 - Bakersfield Blaze
- San Jose Giants on Deck: Giants Open July with Three-Game Series at Stockton - San Jose Giants
- Storm Control Giants in Series Finale, 6-2 - San Jose Giants
- Nuts Relentless, Blaze Drop Homestand Finale 11-5 - Bakersfield Blaze
- Quakes' Rally Falls Short in Lancaster - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- Inland Empire Snaps Slide with 9-5 Win - Inland Empire 66ers
- Hogue Extends Streak, Sparks Offense - Lancaster JetHawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.