Earthquakes Goalkeeper Jon Busch Announces Saves for Seals ProgramJune 29, 2012 - Major League Soccer (MLS) San Jose Earthquakes
"I want to give back to the people that protect this country," Busch said. "I am able to catch a ball for a living because of the freedoms that the men and women of the armed forces provide for us. This is my small way of saying thank you for all that they do in service of our country."
Last season, Busch raised money for the SEAL Foundation through an auction of one-of-a-kind gloves and a special goalkeeper jersey in honor of the 10th Anniversary of 9/11. His efforts raised over $2,000 for the SEAL Foundation. Busch has already made 38 saves in 2012 for a total of $1,900 raised the SEAL Foundation. In 2011, he led MLS with 113 saves.
Major League Soccer Stories from June 29, 2012
- Timbers U-23s Earn 2-0 Road Win over Fraser Valley - Portland Timbers
- Chicago Fire Expose Sporting KC 1-0 - Chicago Fire
- Sporting KC Suffers 1-0 Loss to Chicago Fire - Sporting Kansas City
- Earthquakes Goalkeeper Jon Busch Announces Saves for Seals Program - San Jose Earthquakes
- Whitecaps FC U-18 Residency Advance to USSDA Finals Week - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Real Salt Lake Match Preview - Real Salt Lake
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Suspends and Fines Montreal Impact Midfielder Patrice Bernier - MLS
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Suspends and Fines Montreal Impact Midfielder Patrice Bernier - Montreal Impact
- Timbers, City of Portland and adidas Announce 2012 Field Grant - Portland Timbers
- Impact Faces D.C. United Saturday at RFK Stadium - Montreal Impact
- D.C. United Announces Changes to Reserve League Schedule - D.C. United
- U.S. Women's National Team and Canada Set to Kickoff June 30 - Real Salt Lake
- Earthquakes to Donate $1 to Operation Care and Comfort for Every Facebook 'Like' on June 30 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Sporting Kansas City Waives Luke Sassano - Sporting Kansas City
- D.C. United Signs Branko Boskovic to New Contract - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.