Wahoos Bounce Back with 4-2 WinJune 22, 2012 - Southern League (SL) Pensacola Blue Wahoos
Lookouts starting pitcher Ethan Martin put Chattanooga in front with an BRI single in the second scoring Brahiam Maldonado from third.
Pensacola was quick to answer with a run of their own in the top of the third. With two outs in the inning, David Vidal doubled home Brodie Greene from second to even the score.
Chattanooga struck again for the final time with a run in the fourth to move back in front 2-1. It was another two out hit, this time by Rafael Ynoa scoring Nick Buss from third, who led the inning off with a single.
The Blue Wahoos tied the game and took the lead with a pair of run in the seventh. It all started with a leadoff single by Brian Peacock. Didi Gregorius singled him home later in the inning for the tying run. Gregorius scored on a single by Brodie Greene a batter later to put the Wahoos in front. They added another insurance run an inning later but the combination or Mark Serrano (5-1), Clayton Tanner, Brian Pearl, Wilkin De La Rosa and Justin Freeman wouldn't need it.
Pearl made his Double-A debut by working 1.1 scoreless innings with a pair of strikeouts. Serrano was first in out of the bullpen and he went 1.1 innings allowing just a pair of hits. He got credit for the win in relief. Freeman pitched a perfect ninth to earn his third save of the season. Lookouts reliever Geison Aguasviva (2-5) took the loss after getting charged with two Wahoos runs, one earned, on three hits over 1.2 innings.
Offensively Ryan LaMarre (2-for-5), Gregorius (2-for-3, R, RBI), Greene (2-for-4, R, RBI) and Yordanys Perez (3-for-4, R) all had multi-hit contests leading to the Wahoos win.
The series continues on Saturday when the Blue Wahoos send RHP Kyle Lotzkar (3-2, 3.02) to the mound against RHP Matt Magill (5-3, 4.61). First pitch is set for 6:15 CT with the Pensacola Motorsports Pregame show slated for 6:00 p.m. on 1450 ESPN Pensacola.
Southern League Stories from June 22, 2012
- BayBears' Late Rally Results in a 10-7 Win - Mobile BayBears
- Wahoos Bounce Back with 4-2 Win - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- M-Braves Silenced by Rienzo, Barons, 3-0 - Mississippi Braves
- BayBears Score 8 Late Runs to Beat Biscuits - Montgomery Biscuits
- Bats Come Alive and Generals Out-Slug Stars 7-4 - Jackson Generals
- Stars Fall To Generals - Huntsville Stars
- Blue Wahoos Hook Lookouts, 4-2 - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Suns Defeat Smokies Behind Dominant Alvarez - Jacksonville Suns
- Smokies Bats Silenced by Suns in 2-0 Loss - Tennessee Smokies
- Anundsen Activated From Disabled List - Huntsville Stars
- Mills Aquired from Cleveland Organization - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Generals Game Notes - Jackson Generals
- Moran Promoted to Tacoma, Tenbrink, Kittredge Return - Jackson Generals
- Stars Open up Second Half with Win - Huntsville Stars
- Diamondbacks' Stephen Drew to Rehab with BayBears - Mobile BayBears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.