SWB Yankees Plan Tokach Field TakeoverJune 20, 2012 - International League (IL) Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees
Plains Little League recently suffered a large arson fire that claimed its press box. The league also was robbed of numerous items key to the running of the league. Upon hearing of the tragedy, the SWB Yankees decided to step in to create a night of fun and excitement players and families won't soon forget.
The event, planned with the help of Plains Little League officials, will take place before and during three abbreviated exhibition games (Minor vs. Major Girls Softball and Major Boys Baseball: Suburban vs. East Plains and Hudson vs. Midvale).
The SWB staff will turn the night into one of the team's "home games," complete with a cap giveaway to the first 1,000 fans, special guest National Anthem performer, in-game entertainment and music, T-shirt tosses, SWB Yankees mascot CHAMP in attendance and more.
"We're looking to raise the spirits of everyone involved with the Plains Little League in an effort to help out during a tough time," said Doug Augis, SWB Yankees Vice President of Ticket Sales. "The SWB staff is excited to present something super-special that would not only help in the recovery effort, but insure that kids, their friends, and families would have a great night to remember."
To help raise funds for Plains Little League's recovery, SWB has put together a donation basket with assorted merchandise and signed memorabilia, along with a signed Andy Pettite autographed baseball, all of which will be auctioned off during the event. - Other baskets donated by local businesses and residents will also be auctioned off.
The event will be open to the public, who are encouraged to come out and enjoy a great night of fun, baseball, softball and entertainment. If you can't make the event but still want to donate to the cause, a special Fire Fund has been established at Wells Fargo where donations can be sent. Alternatively, donations can be sent to Plains Little League at PO Box 1541, North End Station, Plains, 18702. If there are any questions on the Fire Fund, Sandy Yastremski can be contacted at 855-2208.
International League Stories from June 20, 2012
- Indians Beat Gwinnett 10-2 for Fourth-Straight Win - Indianapolis Indians
- G-Braves Routed by Indianapolis, 10-2 - Gwinnett Braves
- PawSox Collapse and Lose Third Straight - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Hoffpauir, Chiefs Rally for Extra-Inning Win - Syracuse Chiefs
- Rochester Red Wings Post-Game Notes - Rochester 7, Durham 6 - Rochester Red Wings
- Norfolk Pitchers Dominate Buffalo in 3-1 Victory - Norfolk Tides
- IronPigs Edge Hens, 2-1 - Toledo Mud Hens
- Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Seeks Assistance in Renaming Team - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees
- Rochester Red Wings Game Notes - Wednesday, June 20 vs. Durham (Rays) - Rochester Red Wings
- Two Late Runs Send Columbus to 5-3 Win over Charlotte - Charlotte Knights
- Toledo Mud Hens & Kroger Host "Food Drive Fridays" - Toledo Mud Hens
- IronPigs Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bisons Notes - Buffalo at Norfolk (7:15 P.M.) - Buffalo Bisons
- SWB Yankees Plan Tokach Field Takeover - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees
- Carrasco Added to G-Braves Bullpen - Gwinnett Braves
- Another Bats Comeback as Louisville Beats Yankees 5-3 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.