Mets Thole to Join Bisons on WednesdayMay 29, 2012 - International League (IL) Buffalo Bisons
Thole is set to serve as the Bisons' designated hitter tomorrow night (7:05 p.m. vs. Columbus) before catching Chris Young on Thursday morning (10:35 a.m. vs. Columbus). Thursday's contest will be shown on Time Warner Cable SportsNet 13 (locally) and the MLB Network. Thole was placed on the Mets disabled list with a concussion on May 8. In 26 games with New York this season, the catcher hit .284 (23-81) with a home run and seven RBI.
Thole played 48 games with the Bisons during the 2010 season and hit .267 (44-165) with 19 doubles, two home runs and 17RBI for Buffalo. He spent all of last season with the Mets and posted a .268 (91-340) average with 17 doubles, three home runs and 40RBI in 114 games.
International League Stories from May 29, 2012
- PawSox Outlast Norfolk, 11-8 - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Knights Lose Game Two to Rochester 7-4 on Tuesday - Charlotte Knights
- Owens Leads Way as Indians Beat Bulls 3-1 - Indianapolis Indians
- Flande, G-Braves Shut Out Lehigh Valley - Gwinnett Braves
- Mets Thole to Join Bisons on Wednesday - Buffalo Bisons
- Chiefs Club 11 Hits in 6-2 Win - Syracuse Chiefs
- Orioles Reinstate OF Endy Chavez from Disabled List and Select - Norfolk Tides
- IronPigs Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Rochester Red Wings Game Notes - Tuesday, May 29 at Charlotte (White Sox) - Rochester Red Wings
- Buffalo Bisons - Columbus at Buffalo - Buffalo Bisons
- Mets to Promote Schwinden, Quintanilla from Bisons - Buffalo Bisons
- Baseball Month in Rochester - May 29 - Rochester Red Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.