Glenn Doubles Twice But Fisher Cats Fall SundayMay 27, 2012 - Eastern League (EL) New Hampshire Fisher Cats
Fisher Cats fell to the Binghamton Mets 6-1 on Sunday night at NYSEG Stadium.
The teams played scoreless ball for the first three innings. In the top of the fourth, Sean Ochinko doubled and scored on a single by Brian Bocock to give the Fisher Cats (20-28) a 1-0 lead.
The Mets took the lead for good in the bottom of the fourth inning. Raul Reyes reached on a fielders
choice and Jefry Marte singled. Travis Ozga singled Reyes in to tie the game and Juan Lagares followed with an RBI single, chasing New Hampshire starter Fernando Hernandez. Reese Havens added a sacrifice fly to give Binghamton a 3-1 lead.
Binghamton (23-25) took advantage of a New Hampshire error to score three unearned runs in the sixth for a 6-1 lead. After Marte reached on an error, Ozga walked. Lagares singled, driving in Marte for to make it 4-1. Reese Havens followed with a single and Ozga scored as Juan Centeno grounded into a double play. Pedro Zapata then singled to drive in Lagares.
Mark Cohoon (3-5) picked up his first win for the Mets since April 27. He worked seven innings, allowing five hits and one run. He walked two and struck out two. Robert Carson finished up with two scoreless innings.
Fernando Hernandez (0-2), making his first start since 2010, worked into the fourth inning with four strikeouts. Matt Wright, Sam Dyson and Matt Daly finished up with Daly tossing two perfect innings to finish the night for the Fisher Cats.
Although the Fisher Cats saw a three-game win streak come to an end, they still have a chance to win the series in Binghamton with a victory in the Monday finale. The Fisher Cats and Mets conclude the series in Binghamton on Monday at 1:05PM. RHP Deck McGuire (2-5, 6.80) is the scheduled starter for New Hampshire. The Mets counter with RHP Collin McHugh (4-3, 2.15). Radio coverage with Bob Lipman begins at 12:45pm on the WGIR Fisher Cats Radio Network and online at www.nhfishercats.com.
After completing the series in Binghamton tomorrow (Monday) afternoon, the Fisher Cats head back to Manchester. New Hampshire will open a series at Northeast Delta Dental Stadium with the New Britain Rock Cats (Minnesota Double-A) on Tuesday at 7:05PM. On Tuesday, the Fisher Cats and BAE Systems will celebrate Memorial Day by honoring all the brave men and women who have serviced, or are currently serving our country. For tickets and information visit www.nhfishercats.com or call the ticket office at (603) 641-2005.
Eastern League Stories from May 27, 2012
- Cohoon Helps B-Mets Snap Skid, 6-1 - Binghamton Mets
- Glenn Doubles Twice But Fisher Cats Fall Sunday - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Opportunistic Baysox Take Second Straight over Curve - Altoona Curve
- Senators Power Past Reading 6-5 - Harrisburg Senators
- Bullpen Shuts Down Curve - Bowie Baysox
- Richmond Pitching K's 14 in 5-2 Win over Trenton - Trenton Thunder
- Heston Adjusts to Dominate Thunder, 5-2 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Sea Dogs Win Third Straight - Portland Sea Dogs
- Aeros, SeaWolves Rained out Sunday - Akron Aeros
- SeaWolves and Aeros Postponed Sunday - Erie SeaWolves
- B-Mets Game Notes: vs. New Hampshire Fisher Cats - Binghamton Mets
- Wright Activated from DL, McFarland Earns Trip to Columbus - Akron Aeros
- Flying Squirrels Game Notes vs. Trenton - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.