It's déjÃ vu for AirHogs in another 4-3 lossMay 26, 2012 - American Association (AA) Grand Prairie AirHogs
As was the case on Friday, the AirHogs (5-5) took the lead, scoring a run in the first on a Greg Porter RBI single. But that hit came at a cost, as Chris McMurray took the throw from center off his nose, which forced him from the game. Andres Rodriguez tripled Grand Prairie's advantage two frames later, as he launched his first home run of the year over the Fieldhouse in left, a two-run shot off Brian Grening (2-0) that gave the AirHogs a 3-0 edge.
Porter then doubled and Brian Myrow walked, but David Thomas grounded out to end the threat and Grening locked down the AirHogs' attack. The AirHogs managed just two infield hits, a hit batter and a hitter reaching on an error, with no runs and eight strikeouts in the last six innings.
Meanwhile, the T-Bones offense scratched together three runs in the fourth to tie the game off Grand Prairie starter Cody White, with two of the runs unearned.
White worked through trouble in the fifth and Derrick Miramontes got around a two-out single in the sixth, but the submariner hit Reid Fronk to start the seventh, and after a sacrifice bunt, Gus Milner doubled down the leftfield line to give the T-Bones (5-5) the lead.
Jakob Cunningham, Mark Herrera and Griffin Bailey kept Kansas City at four runs, but the AirHogs could not muster much against Sean Toler and Jake Wiley in the final two innings.
In the end, it came down to Keanon Simon against Wiley with two outs and Zane Chavez at first, the same situation as in Friday's game. And just like the previous night, the T-Bones closer struck the AirHogs' centerfielder out, and Wiley picked up the save, his third of the year coming on Saturday.
American Association Stories from May 26, 2012
- T-Bones Edge AirHogs 4-3, Complete Three-Game Sweep - Kansas City T-Bones
- Wild Game Leaves Goldeyes with Loss to End Road Trip - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Diablos Win Wild One At Cohen, Snap Losing Streak - El Paso Diablos
- It's dÃ©jÃ vu for AirHogs in another 4-3 loss - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- 'Dogs Dodge Collapse, Alonso Wears Cape in Walk-Off Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Wingnuts Win Fourth Straight - Wichita Wingnuts
- Saints Lose Pitchers' Duel 2-1 to Explorers - St. Paul Saints
- RailCats Drop Series in 6-2 Loss - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- RedHawks shut out Pheasants - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Fargo-Moorhead Shuts out Pheasants - Sioux Falls Canaries
- RailCats Announce Five Roster Moves - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- AirHogs Partner with Techway to Help E-Recycling Effort - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Pittsburgh Pirates Purchase Kasparek's Contract - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Voting Open for Top Designated Hitter - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Amarillo Cycles on the Lemurs - Laredo Lemurs
- Kansas City Edges Grand Prairie, in Position for Sweep on Saturday - Kansas City T-Bones
- Guerrero, Arms Lift Pheasants Past Fargo-Moorhead - Sioux Falls Canaries
- T-Bones Nip AirHogs After Controversial Eighth - Grand Prairie AirHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.