AirHogs Partner with Techway to Help E-Recycling EffortMay 26, 2012 - American Association (AA) Grand Prairie AirHogs
Techway Services specializes in responsible recycling of e-Scrap and has established sound procedures to ensure any and all information being stored on any type of device is properly erased or destroyed.
The United States discards up to 30 million computers per year and creates over 3 million tons of electronic waste. It is estimated that the average American changes their cell phone every 18 months which has created a glut of over 500 million used cell phones. Many of these items can end up in standard landfills or being shipped overseas to under developed countries that have no regulations or guidelines to manage the toxins that are contained in discarded electronics.
Techway Services mandates a zero landfill policy and strictly adheres to all environmental regulations concerning overseas shipping of electronic waste. Techway also has created a proprietary software and process for data erasure and destruction that ensures the security of confidential information.
Beginning on May 25th, Techway will be providing recycling containers located just inside of the main entrance of QuikTrip Park. Patrons will be able to drop smaller items into these containers for proper recycling and erasure. Items that can be placed into the containers include; laptops, tablets, digital cameras, cell phones, media (floppy discs, thumb drives, hard drives, etc.), cables/wiring, mice/keyboards and any type of computer parts.
Techway and the AirHogs will also be sponsoring a collection event which will allow patrons to bring in larger end of life equipment such as monitors, printers, computers, fax machines, televisions and other larger electronics.
Techway Services, Inc. is a nationally recognized leader in electronic data eradication, and a provider of end-of-life IT services for corporations, banks, retailers, manufacturers, government entities, universities and channel partners. Techway is also a Certified Women's Business Enterprise. Techway provides a full range of services that include: reverse logistics, electronic data destructions solutions, computer refurbishing, remarketing, and recycling. Techway Services provides total asset management and risk mitigation services for end of life IT and Telecommunications equipment. The services include chain of custody controls, strict inventory controls and tracking from point of shipment through final disposition, expanding useful life, quick asset liquidation, extract of residual value by recycling non useable assets for the base material while protecting the environment.
The 2011 American Association Champion Grand Prairie AirHogs conclude their three-game series with the Kansas City T-Bones, on Saturday, May 26, at 7:05 p.m. It is Fireworks Saturday Night, with a spectacular postgame show. It is also Miller Lite Jerseys off our Backs Night, with a chance to win the jerseys right off the AirHogs' backs after the game. All games are aired live and for free on Ustream by clicking on the link on the AirHogs' home page or visiting http://www.ustream.tv/channel/airhogs-baseball with selected contests aired on Time Warner Cable's Texas Channel. For information on tickets, promotions, advertising, and other opportunities with the AirHogs, check out the Web site at www.airhogsbaseball.com, or call the QuikTrip Park office at (972) 504-9383.
American Association Stories from May 26, 2012
- T-Bones Edge AirHogs 4-3, Complete Three-Game Sweep - Kansas City T-Bones
- Wild Game Leaves Goldeyes with Loss to End Road Trip - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Diablos Win Wild One At Cohen, Snap Losing Streak - El Paso Diablos
- It's dÃ©jÃ vu for AirHogs in another 4-3 loss - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- 'Dogs Dodge Collapse, Alonso Wears Cape in Walk-Off Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Wingnuts Win Fourth Straight - Wichita Wingnuts
- Saints Lose Pitchers' Duel 2-1 to Explorers - St. Paul Saints
- RailCats Drop Series in 6-2 Loss - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- RedHawks shut out Pheasants - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Fargo-Moorhead Shuts out Pheasants - Sioux Falls Canaries
- RailCats Announce Five Roster Moves - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- AirHogs Partner with Techway to Help E-Recycling Effort - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Pittsburgh Pirates Purchase Kasparek's Contract - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Voting Open for Top Designated Hitter - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Amarillo Cycles on the Lemurs - Laredo Lemurs
- Kansas City Edges Grand Prairie, in Position for Sweep on Saturday - Kansas City T-Bones
- Guerrero, Arms Lift Pheasants Past Fargo-Moorhead - Sioux Falls Canaries
- T-Bones Nip AirHogs After Controversial Eighth - Grand Prairie AirHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.