Colts Earn Walk-Off Win over McAllenMay 24, 2012 - North American League (NAL) San Angelo Colts
Right fielder J.J. Sherrill scored the winning run after reaching base on a third strike that got past Thunder catcher Giovanni Rosa. First baseman Daryl Jones followed Sherrill with a base hit, and shortstop Landon Camp was intentionally walked by McAllen reliever Kurt Houck.
Houck was taken out in favor of lefty Jason Moody. The southpaw delivered a four-pitch walk to Patton to end the game.
Houck (0-1) suffered the loss, allowing two runs in 1 1/3 innings of work.
Colts closer Erik Draxton (1-0) earned the win by virtue of pitching a scoreless top of the ninth. Draxton struck out one and worked around a two-out walk.
Third baseman Jason Crosland went 2-for-3 with a two-run homer in the fourth inning that scored Patton. Patton went 1-for-3 with two walks, and the walk-off RBI.
The Colts and Thunder play game three of their season-opening, four-game series Friday at 7:05 p.m. at Foster Field. Righty Mark Willinsky will start for the Colts opposite Thunder lefty Frank James. The first 1,000 fans through the gates will receive a free Koozie, courtesy of Whataburger.
The San Angelo Colts are a member of United League Baseball who are in their 13th season. Tickets are on sale now, and available at the Colts' front office at Foster Field.
North American League Stories from May 24, 2012
- Prairie Dogs Out-Slugged in Edinburgh - Abilene Prairie Dogs
- Colts Earn Walk-Off Win - McAllen Thunder
- Colts Earn Walk-Off Win over McAllen - San Angelo Colts
- Bats Lift Roadrunners to First Win of the Season - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Cats Capitalize on White Wings to Win 4-2 and Improve to 2-0 - Fort Worth Cats
- Prairie Dogs Get on the Board - Abilene Prairie Dogs
- Thunder Drop Season Opener - McAllen Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.