Rampage's Season Ends in 4-3 Game 5 Loss to BaronsMay 11, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) San Antonio Rampage
Mark Arcobello gave Oklahoma City a 1-0 lead with a power-play tally 19:56 into the opening period. He found the rebound of a Ryan Keller shot and deposited the puck behind Rampage backstop Jacob Markstrom for his fourth goal of the playoffs.
The Barons went up 2-0 when Bryan Rodney potted a power-play goal at the 9:26 mark of the second period. He picked up his first postseason marker on a point shot that eluded a screened Markstrom.
San Antonio cut their deficit to 2-1 with a power-play goal from Michal Repik at the 18:06 mark of the second. He took a cross-ice feed from Bracken Kearns and beat Barons goaltender Yann Danis to the goaltender's right to post his first goal of the playoffs.
Keller pushed the Oklahoma City lead back to two goals, at 3-1, 2:12 into the third period. He tapped home the rebound of a Hunter Tremblay shot for his third goal of the postseason.
The Rampage made the count 3-2 in favor of the Barons with a Scott Timmins wrist shot from the left circle that eluded Danis' blocker. Timmins' first goal of the playoffs came at the 4:55 mark of the third.
Mark Cullen scored just 22 seconds following Timmins' goal to knot the game at 3-3. Kearns found Cullen with a pass at the left circle and Cullen wristed a shot into the left side of the net for the goal. The marker was his fourth of the playoffs.
Oklahoma City posted the series-clinching goal with just over two minutes remaining. Keller on the power play swatted a puck out of mid-air past Markstrom to hand the Barons a 4-3 lead with his second marker of the contest and fourth of the postseason.
Danis made 22 saves on 25 Rampage shots while Markstrom turned aside 27 of 31 Barons attempts.
American Hockey League Stories from May 11, 2012
- Panik's Overtime Goal Lifts Admirals to Eastern Conference Finals - Norfolk Admirals
- Rampage's Season Ends in 4-3 Game 5 Loss to Barons - San Antonio Rampage
- Barons to Face Toronto in Western Conference Finals - Oklahoma City Barons
- Season ends with loss - Connecticut Whale
- IceCaps Can't Close out Series as Penguins Force Game 7 - St. John's IceCaps
- Admirals Advance to Eastern Conference Finals - Norfolk Admirals
- Toronto Announces Western Conference Final Schedule - Toronto Marlies
- AHL Announces Western Conference Finals Schedule - AHL
- Penguins Defeat IceCaps to Force Game 7 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Senators Re-Sign Forward Pat Cannone to a Two-Year Contract - Binghamton Senators
- Game 6 Preview: IceCaps vs. Penguins - St. John's IceCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.