Former Gamblers Joey Crabb and Justin Braun to Play for US National TeamMay 4, 2012 - United States Hockey League (USHL) Green Bay Gamblers
Crabb played for the Gamblers during the 2001-2002 season. In 61 games with the Gamblers, Crabb tallied 15 goals and 27 assists. The Anchorage, Alaska native was selected in the 2002 NHL entry draft by the New York Rangers, playing two different times in the NHL with Atlanta Thrashers in 2008-2009 and the Toronto Maple Leafs from 2010-2012.
Braun played two seasons with the Gamblers from 2004-2006. In 69 games with the Gamblers, Braun scored 2 goals and 11 assists. The Minneapolis, Minnesota native was selected by the San Jose Sharks in 2007 and has played three seasons with the team. In 94 games in the NHL, Braun has scored 4 goals and 18 assists.
A total of 16 different countries are participating in the event and Team USA is competing in a group with Finland, Canada, Switzerland, Slovakia, Belarus, France, and Kazakhstan. This tournament will also determine seeding for the 2014 Winter Olympics.
The Gamblers are home tonight for Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Finals versus the Indiana Ice. Face-off is set for 7:05pm at the Resch Center. The Gamblers lead the best-of-five series 1-0. For information on purchasing tickets visit gamblershockey.com.
United States Hockey League Stories from May 4, 2012
- Nothing Settled in Lincoln - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Late Goal Gives Gamblers a 3-2 Victory, 2-0 Advantage in Series - Indiana Ice
- Former Gamblers Joey Crabb and Justin Braun to Play for US National Team - Green Bay Gamblers
- Ice at Green Bay Tonight, Home Sunday Afternoon at Pepsi - Indiana Ice
- U.S. Men's National Team Beats France, 7-2, to Start 2012 IIHF World Championship - U.S. National Team
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.