Frisco Tops San Antonio 2-1May 2, 2012 - Texas League (TL) San Antonio Missions
Frisco touched San Antonio starter Juan Oramas for a run in the first and again in the third for a quick 2-0 lead, each time courtesy of two-out, run scoring doubles by first baseman Mike Olt.
Cody Decker put the Missions on the board with his seventh homer of the season, a solo shot in the bottom of the fifth that landed deep on the berm in left that cut the RoughRiders lead in half.
San Antonio threatened in the bottom of the seventh but with two on and two out, Frisco reliever Corey Young got third baseman Edinson Rincon to ground out to end the rally.
Game three of the four-game series is tomorrow at 7:05 p.m. Right-hander Carlos Pimentel (2-1, 1.35 ERA), the Texas League leader in ERA, gets the start for the RoughRiders while fellow righty Keyvius Sampson (1-1, 4.50 ERA) takes the hill for the Missions.
Tomorrow is also a Cricket Dollar Night with dollar beer, dollar hot dogs, dollar popcorn and dollar sodas.
You can catch all the Missions action on KKYX 680 AM, the home of Missions baseball with Roy Acuff and Mike Saeger.
Texas League Stories from May 2, 2012
- Drillers Win See Saw Wednesday Affair - Arkansas Travelers
- Offensive Outburst Keys Tulsa Victory - Tulsa Drillers
- Cardinals Outduel Naturals - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Cardinals Edge Naturals 2-1 - Springfield Cardinals
- Grimm Wins Fifth Game, 'Riders Sneak By San Antonio 2-1 - Frisco RoughRiders
- Frisco Tops San Antonio 2-1 - San Antonio Missions
- Drillers Win Streak Ends with Last Night's Loss - Tulsa Drillers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.