Aeros' Landis PromotedApril 23, 2012 - Eastern League (EL) - Akron RubberDucks Press Release
Landis, 25, appeared in five games for the Aeros, going 1-1, 0.96 ERA. He scattered six hits over 9 1/3 innings and allowed only one run while striking out seven and walking three. Landis opened the season with nine consecutive scoreless innings over his first four outings. He retired the first batter he faced in all five of his relief outings with Akron.
An 18th round selection in 2007, out of the University of Pittsburgh, Landis missed all of 2010 with a nerve injury in his throwing arm. He rebounded last season, fashioning a 10-2 record, with 74 strikeouts in 63 2/3 innings at three levels of the Indians organization- Lake County, Kinston (NC), and Akron.
Today's move represents Landis' first appearance at the Triple-A level.
The Aeros roster now stands at 23 players.
The Aeros will begin a three-game series with Bowie on Monday night at 7:05. The next homestand at Canal Park begins this Friday, April 27th. All Aeros games are broadcast on Fox Sports 1350 AM and online at www.akronaeros.com. For more information, please call the Aeros at 330-253-5151.
Eastern League Stories from April 23, 2012
- Aeros Fall in Bowie - Akron RubberDucks
- Sea Dogs Snap Losing Streak with 5-3 Win Over New Britain - Portland Sea Dogs
- Pettit Pitches Past Aeros - Bowie Baysox
- Rock Cats Fall Short Against Sea Dogs - New Britain Rock Cats
- Fisher Cats Supporting Chief Maloney MemorialRun/Walk - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Rock Cats place pitcher Alex Wimmers on disabled list - New Britain Rock Cats
- RHP Ross Wolf Released - Bowie Baysox
- Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
- Andy Pettitte in Trenton - Trenton Thunder
- Baysox Celebrate Mardi Gras in May - Bowie Baysox
- B-Mets Josh Rodriguez Named Eastern League Player of the Week - Binghamton Mets
- Aeros' Landis Promoted - Akron RubberDucks
- Eastern League Announces Weekly Award Winners - EL
- Trenton Thunder Home Games Now Streamed Live Online - Trenton Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.