Suns Announce Local Television PartnershipApril 13, 2012 - Southern League (SL) Jacksonville Suns
These television games will be the first ever by the Jacksonville Suns and seems to be a growing trend among minor league baseball teams. Vice President and General Manager of WCWJ and yourjax.com commented on the partnership.
"There is no better way to enjoy a baseball game than in person, but for those may not be able to get to the Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville, CW17 is proud to bring a selection of Suns' games to them through their television. CW17 and yourjax.com continue to add to our growing number of locally produced sports and entertainment programs. The Suns and the Bragan family have been a significant part of Jacksonville's sports history and CW17 is pleased to be sharing in a small part of their success."
The Baseball Grounds have been a model for fun, affordable and live entertainment in North Florida going into its 10th season, but the television games give the fans that are unable to experience it in person away to enjoy it at home.
Suns' President and owner Peter Bragan Jr. said, "I am excited to have these 2012 Suns games broadcast live locally on television. This will give some viewers an opportunity to experience Suns baseball for people who may have never actually been to a game. Also, it will be good for really big Suns' fans who may not feel up to making it down to the park on these days. CW17 will be a great partner with the Jacksonville Suns."
The first television game takes place on April 29th, 2012 against the Southern League's newest member the Pensacola Blue Wahoos, and is slated for a 3:05 pm first pitch.
Tickets for all Suns home games are currently on sale through the Suns Box Office at (904) 358-2846, or online at www.jaxsuns.com. Tickets are $7.50 for general admission, $10.50 for reserved seating and $13.50 for Homeplate Box seating. Limited sponsorships, season tickets and group packages are still available. The 2012 season is presented by Everbank, official banking partner of the Jacksonville Suns. The Suns are the Double-A Affiliate of the Miami Marlins and a member of the Southern League of Professional Baseball.
Southern League Stories from April 13, 2012
- Stars Squeak out Second Consecutive Win - Huntsville Stars
- BayBears Walk off Winners in Whacky Ninth - Mobile BayBears
- Stars Slip by Barons 4-3 - Birmingham Barons
- Ridling's Big Night Leads Smokies to 4-1 Win Friday Night - Tennessee Smokies
- Stars Win Second Straight - Huntsville Stars
- Suns Announce Local Television Partnership - Jacksonville Suns
- Suns Drop Fourth Straight - Jacksonville Suns
- Biscuits Manage 2 Hits in Shutout Loss - Montgomery Biscuits
- Smokies top Generals on Friday night, 4-1 - Jackson Generals
- Generals off to Historic Start - Jackson Generals
- Lookouts Homestand Highlights - Chattanooga Lookouts
- LHP Merklinger to DL; RHP Rogers Reinstated, Assigned to HSV - Huntsville Stars
- Lookouts Blank Suns 1-0 - Jacksonville Suns
- Stars Snap Losing Skid - Huntsville Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.