Idaho's Carter Hits Game-Winner at BuzzerApril 7, 2012 - NBA Development League (D-League) Idaho Stampede
Carter finished with 18 points and five rebounds. After leading by 10 with just 3:54 left, the Stampede fell behind 91-96, before Carter's dramatic shot. David Bailey had 18 points and six assists, Chris Davis had 17 points and Derrick Caracter had 12 points and eight rebounds. Idaho out-rebounded Bakersfield 43-32 and shot 52.8 percent from the floor, overcoming 20 turnovers, which led to 30 Jam points.
Bakersfield was led by Brian Butch, who scored 15 points and grabbed seven rebounds.
Immediately after the game in the Stampede locker room, three-time NBA All-Star and two-year Stampede veteran Antoine Walker announced his retirement from basketball. Entering tonight's contest - in which he had six points, and four assists in 20 minutes, 14 seconds - Walker played in 86 games with the Stampede (56 starts) from 2010-12. In that time, he averaged 12.8 points, 5.7 rebounds and 2.9 assists in 29.3 minutes per game. This season, Walker averaged 9.5 points, 4.9 rebounds and 2.3 assists in 44 games (17 starts).
A veteran of 12 NBA seasons, Walker averaged 17.5 points, 7.7 rebounds and 3.5 assists in 893 games (707 starts) in the NBA. Walker made All-Star game appearances in 1998, 2002 and 2003, starting alongside Michael Jordan in the 2002 game in Philadelphia.
Walker is expected to make a formal announcement in the coming days.
NBA Development League Stories from April 7, 2012
- Toros Hold off Skyforce in Regular Season Finale - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Legends Fall in Season Finale to Armor - Texas Legends
- Idaho's Carter Hits Game-Winner at Buzzer - Idaho Stampede
- D-Fenders Win To Cap Off Greatest Regular Season In League History - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Vipers Win Final Game of the Season Over Reno - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Los Angeles Slows Down Energy 95-79 - Iowa Energy
- Bighorns Drop High-Scoring Season Finale to Vipers - Reno Bighorns
- Mad Ants Win Season Finale Over Dakota - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Red Claws Win Season Finale Over Tulsa, 84-82 - Maine Red Claws
- Tulsa Concludes Season at Maine - Tulsa 66ers
- Hayes, Almond Named Red Claws Co-Players of the Year in Fan Vote - Maine Red Claws
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.