Fallon Leads Aeros to 2-1 Shootout WinMarch 18, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) Houston Aeros
David McIntyre scored for Houston, and Joel Broda scored the deciding goal in the the shootout for the Aeros, who improved to 32-20-3-9 and remained in fourth place in the Western Conference with 76 points.
The four-game winning streak is the longest for Houston since winning four in a row from March 13-20, 2011, and the first four-game home winning streak since winning six in a row at home from March 13-27, 2011.
After Hunter Tremblay and Magnus Paajarvi scored to put the Barons up 2-0 in the shootout, Jon DiSalvatore and Jeff Taffe scored twice to tie it. Broda scored in the seventh round for the winner as Fallon stopped the final five shots he saw.
McIntyre gave the Aeros a 1-0 lead with his 15th goal of the season at 1:55 in the first period.
Josh Green scored at the 18:47 mark of the second period to tie the game at 1-1 and snap a 107:05 shutout streak for Houston, dating back to Friday's game against Rockford.
The Aeros hit the road for four in a row, starting with the Rockford IceHogs on Friday at 7:05 p.m. The Aeros return home March 29 against Lake Erie at 7:05 p.m. at the Toyota Center.
Justin Fontaine has points in seven of the last eight games (4-6=10) and 12 of the last 14 games (5-13=18)... Joel Broda has assists in two of the last three games... David McIntyre has points in two of the last three games (1-2=3)... McIntyre scored for the first time since February 25 at Texas... Joe Fallon won his fourth straight start for the first time in his AHL career. Fallon's previous best was three straight wins last done February 20-March 7, 2010 when Fallon was a member of Peoria.
Friday at Rockford, 7:05 p.m. CDT
F - DiSalvatore, Rau, Taffe
D - Bagnall, Montgomery
G - Fallon
Penner, Mignardi, Foucault, McKenzie, Cuma, Kuemper
Broda (7th round SO)
HOU: Fallon (36/37; 5/7 SO)
OKC: Danis (21/22; 4/7 SO)
American Hockey League Stories from March 18, 2012
- Pirates Steal Point from Whale - Portland Pirates
- Fallon Leads Aeros to 2-1 Shootout Win - Houston Aeros
- Devils Get Chances But Fall to Hershey - Albany Devils
- Bears Earn Sweep of Devils, Weekend - Hershey Bears
- Shorthanded IceCaps fall to Monarchs - St. John's IceCaps
- Whale Top Pirates in Shootout - Connecticut Whale
- Falcons Fall to Bruins 5-1 - One Point out of 8th and Final Playoff Spot - Springfield Falcons
- P-Bruins Defeat Falcons 5-1 - Providence Bruins
- Admirals Shut Down Checkers, Set Record for Longest Winning Streak in AHL History - Norfolk Admirals
- Sharks Bite Sound Tigers 5-2 in Feisty Affair - Worcester Sharks
- Norfolk Makes History at Checkers' Expense - Charlotte Checkers
- Munroe Wins 100th as Penguins Beat Senators - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Clean Sweep on the Rock - Manchester Monarchs
- Wolves Drop Marlies, 3-2 - Chicago Wolves
- B-Sens Fall to Penguins, 3-2 - Binghamton Senators
- Norfolk Admirals Set AHL Record with 18th Consecutive Win - AHL
- Red Wings Recall Nyquist - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Aeros Game Day, March 18: Aeros Vs. OKC - Houston Aeros
- Admirals Sign Forward Bryan Brutlag to Tryout - Norfolk Admirals
- Bears Sign Goaltender Billy Sauer to Tryout Agreement - Hershey Bears
- Blue Jackets Assign Forward Dane Byers to AHL's Springfield Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- Layton Assigned to Allen - Texas Stars
- Jets Recall Machacek from IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Bulldogs Fall To Griffins, 5-3 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Aeros defeat Abbotsford Heat 1-0 in a shootout - Houston Aeros
- Nyquist Sets Griffins' Rookie Scoring Record in 5-3 Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.