Sky Sign Former Depaul Standout Felicia Chester to Training Camp ContractFebruary 28, 2012 - Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA) Chicago Sky
"I am thrilled to have Felicia join us, as she is someone we had our eyes on in last year's draft. She is one of those consistently, tireless workers on both ends the floor that has a very good understanding of the game."
Chester was selected by the Minnesota Lynx in the second round (14th overall) of the 2011 WNBA Draft, becoming the highest ever Draft pick in the history of DePaul Women's Basketball. Minnesota then traded Chester to the Atlanta Dream on Draft Day, and she was ultimately signed by the New York Liberty on July 4, 2011.
Chester played for Athinaikos, Greece in the 2011-12 off season where she averaged 15.7 points and 8.3 rebounds.
Chester was a stand out at DePaul University where she averaged 8.4 points and 5.6 rebounds per game throughout her four year career. As a senior, in 2010-11 she led the Blue Demons to the Sweet 16 round of the NCAA Tournament, for just the second time in school history. As an honorable mention All-Big East and DePaul Co-MVP her senior season, Chester averaged 11.4 points and 6.6 rebounds per game. She finished 22nd all-time in scoring (1,129) at DePaul and 5th all-time in blocked shots with 110.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
• Digg this story
• Add to Del.icio.us
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from February 28, 2012
- Lynx Trade Forward Charde Houston to Phoenix Mercury - Minnesota Lynx
- Phoenix Mercury Acquires Forward Charde Houston - Phoenix Mercury
- Sun Add Sidney Spencer to Roster - Connecticut Sun
- Atlanta Dream Wins Team of the Year at Atlanta Sports Awards - Atlanta Dream
- Sky Sign Former Depaul Standout Felicia Chester to Training Camp Contract - Chicago Sky
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.