Kelowna Tops Edmonton in Road Trip OpenerFebruary 22, 2012 - Western Hockey League (WHL) Kelowna Rockets
Brett Bulmer, Carter Rigby and Cody Chikie each scored twice to lead the Rockets while Jordon Cooke stopped 43 of 47 shots in the Kelowna nets including 19 in the third period.
The game was tied 1-1 after the first period before Kelowna broke it open with three straight goals to take a 4-1 lead. Edmonton would cut the lead to 4-3 after two periods on goals by Kristians Pelss and Michael St. Croix.
In the third period Bulmer and Rigby scored goals just 1:22 apart to restore the lead and the Rockets went on to the win.
The win continued a stretch of solid play on the road for the Rockets. It was the eighth road game in a row that the Rockets have picked up at least a point.
The Rockets now have a day off before continuing its road trip Friday in Lethbridge, Saturday in Medicine Hat and Sunday in Calgary.
Western Hockey League Stories from February 22, 2012
- Kelowna Tops Edmonton in Road Trip Opener - Kelowna Rockets
- Wheat Kings' Michael Ferland Named CHL Player of the Week - WHL
- Blades Welcome Lethbridge - Saskatoon Blades
- Ice Spoil Wheat Kings Rally in Shootout - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Shinnimin's Career Night Leads Americans' 7-2 Rout of 'Tips - Tri-City Americans
- Shinnimin Leads Tri-City Over Everett - Everett Silvertips
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.