Jacks' Offense Sputters In 4-1 LossFebruary 12, 2012 - North American Hockey League (NAHL) Odessa Jackalopes
For the second consecutive night, the Mustangs took a 2-0 lead, as Adam Chapie and Taylor Ward tallied early second period goals for New Mexico. The Jacks entered the third period down by the same score when Tyler Cayemberg got the Jacks within a goal at 3:24 of the final frame, potting his fourth goal of the season on feeds from Alex Ostrowski and Taylor Portner.
The Mustangs stayed in the driver's seat the rest of the way, however, as Chapie's second of the game made it 3-1 at 7:14 of the third and Evan Johnston iced the New Mexico win with a one-time tally at 12:28. In his ninth appearance of the season, Odessa netminder Justin Davis stopped 31 New Mexico shots and the Jacks' power-play was held scoreless, coming up empty on four extra-man chances.
Next up for the Jacks, it's a Sunday matinee with the Mustangs at Santa Ana Star Center with the opening faceoff set for 2:00 pm central time.
The Odessa Jackalopes celebrate their 15th Anniversary in 2011-12 and drop the puck on their inaugural campaign as a member of the North American Hockey League. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-7825 or by visiting the Jacks online at www.jackalopes.org.
Be sure to follow the Jackalopes on Twitter @LetsGoJacks all season long and don't forget to 'Like' the official "Odessa Jackalopes" fan page on Facebook.
North American Hockey League Stories from February 12, 2012
- North Stars Erupt in Third for 4-1 Victory - Traverse City North Stars
- Jacks Lose Second Straight To New Mexico, 4-1 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Kalamazoo Shuts Out Visiting Jamestown - Kalamazoo Jr. K-Wings
- Topeka Bounces Jr Blues For Weekend Split - Topeka RoadRunners
- Bulls Sweep Texas Tornado with 3-2 Win - Amarillo Bulls
- Carey Scores Team-Leading 17th Goal - Wenatchee Wild
- Jacks' Offense Sputters In 4-1 Loss - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.