Idaho Ends Streak with Emphatic VictoryNovember 2, 2011 - ECHL (ECHL) Idaho Steelheads
The game was played in front of 2,628 fans at Boise's CenturyLink Arena.
Spratt's 47 saves was second-most in Steelheads' team history, behind 48-save efforts from Dan Ellis (2003) and Jerry Kuhn (2011). Kuhn's effort came in the playoffs last spring, also against the Las Vegas Wranglers.
Idaho got on the board first in the first period when Chad Klassen got a piece of Kory Scoran's blast from the blue line, moving it past Joe Fallon for a 1-0 Idaho lead. Las Vegas forward Judd Blackwater evened the score two minutes later, scoring on a rebound on the power play, but the score would not stay tied for long. Idaho broke the tie when Mouillierat found David Fredriksson for his first North American goal midway through the first period, giving Idaho a lead it would not relinquish.
The Steelheads extended the lead to 3-1 on a nice two-man play between Klassen and Matt Case. Case carried the puck into the offensive zone and left it for Klassen, who took the shot from straight out in front of the Las Vegas net. As Case created traffic, the shot deflected off a Wrangler stick and up over the shoulder of a helpless Fallon, giving Idaho a 3-1 lead after one period on Klassen's second of the night and fourth of the season.
Idaho (2-6) extended the lead to 4-1 in the second when Mouillierat worked a puck past Fallon on the right-hand side of the crease. Hubert Labrie picked up the assist, his second helper of the season. After an Eric Lampe goal made it 4-2, Idaho would re-establish the three-goal lead when Mouillierat found Jacob Cepis in the slot for a quick snap through Fallon to make it 5-2.
Klassen and Mouillierat connected on the power play midway through the third, as Mouillierat deftly flipped a forehand by a surprised Fallon to give Idaho its sixth and final goal of the night.
Mouillierat (two goals, two assists), Klassen (two goals, one assist) and Fredriksson (one goal, one assist) all had multiple-point nights for the Steelheads.
Spratt stopped 47 of 49 in the win, while Fallon stopped 17 of 23 in the loss. Idaho finished the night 1-4 on the power play, while Las Vegas converted on one of seven shots with the man-advantage.
The same two teams meet again Friday and Saturday night at CenturyLink Arena in Boise. Tickets are available by calling the CenturyLink Arena box office (208.331.TIXS) or by logging on to www.idahosteelheads.com.
COORS OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE GAME - Kael Mouillierat
AQUA FINA "3 STARS" - (1) Chad Klassen (ID)
(2) Jimmy Spratt (ID)
(3) Kael Mouillierat (ID)
Steelhead Season-Ticket Holders get six games FREE when they sign up for full-season packages. Fans can still get pro-rated full-season tickets for the remaining 34 home games, starting at less than $275 per seat. Partial-season plans are also available. Contact the Steelheads front office at 208.383.0080 or log on to www.idahosteelheads.com for more information.
ECHL Stories from November 2, 2011
- Idaho Ends Streak with Emphatic Victory - Idaho Steelheads
- Stingrays Extend Winning Streak with 4-1 Victory over Everblades - South Carolina Stingrays
- Howes and Kissel Return to Aces Lineup - Alaska Aces
- Adam Huxley Returns to Wranglers - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Express Get Defenseman Steven Delisle - Chicago Express
- ECHL Transactions - November 2 - ECHL
- LeBlanc Added to Steelheads Roster - Idaho Steelheads
- Titans Monthly Radio Show Debuts Thursday - Trenton Titans
- Baier Returns to Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Wranglers to Grow "Movember" Moustaches - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Holiday Hockeyfest Unveiled - Toledo Walleye
- Quick Is MeiGray Group ECHL Alumnus of the Month - ECHL
- Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- MMA and Boxing Returns this Weekend - Kalamazoo Wings
- Defenseman Dan Ringwald Loaned to Oklahoma City - Stockton Thunder
- Paul McIlveen Returns to Grizzlies - Utah Grizzlies
- Kinetic Affect to Perform this Sunday During K-Wings Game - Kalamazoo Wings
- K-Wings Sova Receives League Honor - Kalamazoo Wings
- Kalamazoo's Sova Is AMI Graphics ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - ECHL
- Stingrays Gameday: 2-For-1 Tickets Tonight Against Everblades - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - November 2 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.