Well Dunn: Rattlers Beat Hot Rods 6-3June 2, 2011 - Midwest League (MWL) Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
The Rattlers (28-26) scored in the first inning when Nick Shaw came home from third on a wild pitch by Bowling Green starting pitcher Victor Mateo. The Rattlers would match their season high for hits in a game with 15 in Thursday's contest.
In the third inning, Mike Walker drilled an 0-1 pitch from Mateo over the Rattlers bullpen in right field. Walker's tenth home run of the season put Wisconsin up 2-0.
Tyler Roberts came to the plate in the sixth inning with the bases loaded and no outs. His single to left drove in two runs. Later in the frame, Yadiel Rivera's double scored Roberts and the Rattlers had a 5-0 lead.
Dunn worked a perfect sixth inning before calling it a night. He allowed three hits, walked three, and struck out four over his six scoreless innings.
Chris Dennis launched a home run over the wall in right-center to lead off the seventh inning and the Rattlers were up 6-0.
Bowling Green (30-25) got on the board in the seventh inning. A solo homer by Nick Schwaner came off reliever Eric Marzec. Then, Robby Price singled in a run in the bottom of the eighth inning to cut the Rattlers lead to 6-2.
Stosh Wawrzasek got the first two outs in the bottom of the ninth inning, but Schwaner lined a pitch off the top of the wall in right-center. The ball took a weird carom and by the time the ball could be retrieved, Schwaner was heading home for an inside-the-park home run. He just beat the relay to the plate to score the run that made the score 6-3.
Wawrzasek walked the next batter, but got the final out on a fly ball to right to nail down the win.
The Rattlers start a series with the Dayton Dragons on Friday night at Fifth Third Field. Austin Ross (5-2, 2.29) is the scheduled starter for Wisconsin. Dayton has Daniel Corcino (6-3, 3.10) as their scheduled starting pitcher. Tune in for the broadcast on AM1280, WNAM or timberrattlers.com starting with the Miller Lite Pregame Show at 5:47pm. Game time is 6:07pm CDT.
Midwest League Stories from June 2, 2011
- LumberKings Hold off Fort Wayne 9-8 - Clinton LumberKings
- Well Dunn: Rattlers Beat Hot Rods 6-3 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Loons Walk off with the Series Win - Great Lakes Loons
- Clinton Outlasts TinCaps, 9-8 - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Fitzgerald Error Lifts Lugs In 9th, 4-3 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Whitecaps Swept By River Bandits - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Dragons Double Up Beloit 4-2 - Dayton Dragons
- Loons Win 4-3 in Ninth Inning Thriller - Burlington Bees
- Chiefs Pound Out 20 Hits in 11-5 Win Thursday - Peoria Chiefs
- River Bandits Ripple Whitecaps - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Jones Blasts Cougars Past Captains - Kane County Cougars
- Cougars Avoid Sweep, Beat Captains 4-2 - Lake County Captains
- River Bandits Unveil All-Star Week Events - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Barnhart, Hayes Selected as Dragons Players of the Month - Dayton Dragons
- Former LumberKing Maikel Cleto Called up to St. Louis - Clinton LumberKings
- Braun Returns to Dragons - Dayton Dragons
- Big innings let Silver Hawks sink Kernels, 8-3 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- South Bend Wins on School Day at the Cove - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Dragons MVPs to Celebrate at Fifth Third Field on Saturday - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Gameday for Thursday, June 2 - Dayton Dragons
- Roster Announced for Donald Driver Softball Game - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Bees Fight Back Against Cancer - Burlington Bees
- Kernels Come From Behind To Edge South Bend, 8-7 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.