Salmon Kings Acquire D-Man Jeff CaisterDecember 6, 2010 - ECHL (ECHL) - Victoria Salmon Kings Press Release
The Mississauga, ON native joins the Salmon Kings after beginning the year with eight games in South Carolina where he recorded no points and four penalty minutes. Caister originally joined the Stingrays at the end of last season where he dressed for four regular season games (no points or minutes in penalties) and five Kelly Cup Playoff contests, notching two assists and two penalty minutes in the post-season.
The 25-year-old blue-liner spent four years (2006-07 thru 2009-10) split between Wayne State University and St. Lawrence University prior to turning professional. 152 career appearances at school he recorded 74 points (13g-61a) and 199 minutes in penalties. During his senior year at St. Lawrence, Caister was named the recipient of the Terry Slater Perseverance Award.
The 6-2, 185 lb. Caister began his junior career with three seasons (2003-04 thru 2005-06) in the Ontario Junior Hockey League (OPJHL) as a member of the Milton Icehawks. During his time as an Icehawk the defender spread 142 points (27g-115a) and 116 penalty minutes across 147 games played.
The Salmon Kings travel to Anchorage this week for a two-game set versus the Alaska Aces on Wednesday, December 8th and Thursday, December 9th. Puck drop for both games is at 8:15 p.m. To watch or listen live, visit www.salmonkings.com. Victoria returns home for a two-game set versus the Ontario Reign with contests on Tuesday, December 28th and Wednesday, December 29th. For tickets call 250-220-7777 or visit www.selectyourtickets.com.
ECHL Stories from December 6, 2010
- K-Wings Defeat South Carolina 7-3 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Wings Topple Stingrays 7-3 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Reading Royals Weekly - Reading Royals
- Reign Holiday Ticket Plans on Sale Now - Ontario Reign
- Thunder Weekly Dec. 6-12 - Stockton Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - December 6 - ECHL
- Condors in the Community: Evan Stoflet and Brendan Milnamow To Volunteer - Bakersfield Condors
- Grizzlies Acquire Igor Gongalsky to Complete Earlier Trade - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Announces Fines - ECHL
- Everblades Extend Winning Streak To Six Games - ECHL
- Salmon Kings Acquire D-Man Jeff Caister - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Road Warriors Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Grizzlies Head Back to California; Home December 15 for Five-Straight - Utah Grizzlies
- Condors Return Home this Weekend - Bakersfield Condors
- Stingrays Gameday: Stingrays Square off Against Wings Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- A Week Of Giving At First Arena - Elmira Jackals
- Everblades Weekly - Florida Everblades
- Stingrays Trade Caister to Victoria - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Welcome Condors, Walleye This Week - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Gladiators Weekly - Atlanta Gladiators
- Neuvirth Named the MeiGray Group ECHL Alumns of the Month - ECHL
- ECHL Today - December 6 - ECHL
- Countdown to Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- K-Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.