Redmond Wins IL Pitcher Of The WeekJuly 5, 2010 - International League (IL)
It was just his third week with Buffalo since being promoted from Double-A Binghamton on June 14, but Bisons left fielder Lucas Duda led the International League with five home runs, 11 RBI, and a 1.000 slugging percentage this week and made headlines by homering in five consecutive games. He hit a three-run home run on Monday in Charlotte and hit solo shots on Tuesday and Wednesday against the Syracuse Chiefs at Coca-Cola Field. Duda then hit a solo home run in Thursday's series opener against Rochester before going deep again on Friday night when he knocked one over the right-center field wall in the 3rd inning. That blast made him just the fifth player in the 125-year history of the Buffalo franchise to hit home runs in five consecutive games. The most recent to do so was Andy Marte in June of 2006.
24-year-old Lucas Duda is in his fourth season of professional baseball after being chosen by the Mets in the 7th round of the 2007 draft. He was hitting .286 with six homers and 34 RBI in 45 games with Binghamton this season before being promoted to Buffalo. Duda is a native of Fontana, California.
International League Stories from July 5, 2010
- Yankees Top Red Wings, 9-5 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees
- Bats Sweep Doubleheader over Tribe, 6-0 and 1-0 - Indianapolis Indians
- PawSox Go Down in the Valley - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Bynum Walk-Off Homer Makes Chiefs 8-6 Winners over Bisons - Syracuse Chiefs
- Bulls Close out Homestand with Rout of Gwinnett - Durham Bulls
- Toledo loses lead, game in ninth; Clippers win 5-4 - Toledo Mud Hens
- Durham Beats G-Braves, 11-0 - Gwinnett Braves
- Tillman Pitches One-Hitter to Shutout Knights - Charlotte Knights
- IronPigs Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bisons Notes - Buffalo Bisons
- Bisons' Lucas Duda Named IL Batter of the Week - Buffalo Bisons
- Redmond Wins IL Pitcher Of The Week - IL
- International League Names Players Of The Week - IL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.