Torra Masterful in 8-1 Aces Victory over BeaversMay 9, 2010 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Reno Aces
Torra (2-1) limited the Beavers to just four hits and no runs in an 89-pitch effort. Over eight innings of work, the right-hander walked one and struck out four. Jason Urquidez came on in the ninth and surrendered a run that would spoil the shutout, but the Aces hung on for the victory, ensuring at least a series split in Portland.
Parra, who was optioned by the Diamondbacks prior to Sunday's game, led the way for Reno at the dish with three hits and three runs driven in. Doug Deeds chipped-in three hits and two runs scored for the Aces. Ed Rogers and Pedro Ciriaco hit back-to-back home runs in a 5-run Reno third inning.
The loss fell to Radhames Liz (2-1), who surrendered five runs on seven hits over four innings of work.
The series comes to a close on Monday from PGE Park. First pitch is set for 11:05 a.m. The Aces will send RHP Josh Collmenter (1-0, 2.38 ERA) to the bump. Portland will counter with RHP Will Inman (2-0, 2.36 ERA). All the action can be heard live on Fox Sports Radio 1450 AM or by visiting www.RenoAces.com.
The Aces return home on Tuesday, May 11 at 6:05 p.m. for 50-cent Hot Dog Night at Aces Ballpark. Tickets for all Aces games start at just $7, and are available by calling the Reno Aces box office at (775) 334-7000 or by visiting RenoAces.com. The brand-new Freight House District, located just outside Aces Ballpark, is open seven days a week, on both gamedays and non-gamedays.
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 9, 2010
- 'Topes Survive Sounds, 15-12 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Pink Day at the Park - Tacoma Rainiers
- Torra, Aces Shut Down Beavers, 8-1 - Portland Beavers
- Torra Masterful in 8-1 Aces Victory over Beavers - Reno Aces
- Rainiers Shut Out by Las Vegas, 4-0 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Sounds Lose Wild Game to 'Topes, 15-12 - Nashville Sounds
- Bogusevic Powers Express Past Memphis 6-3 - Round Rock Express
- Zephyrs Down Royals 4-1 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Iowa Defeats Oklahoma City 6 to 1 - Iowa Cubs
- 51s Host the Iowa Cubs & Omaha Royals in 8-Game Homestand from May 11-18 - Las Vegas 51s
- OKC RedHawks Game Notes May 9, 2010 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Armed Forces Honored at Cheney Stadium - Tacoma Rainiers
- Rainiers Rip Las Vegas 8-0 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Isotopes Sock Sounds 14-2 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Portland Slides Past Reno, 5-2 - Reno Aces
- Carrillo pitches into seventh inning to earn second win - Portland Beavers
- Albuquerque Wins 14-2 Over Nashville - Nashville Sounds
- Murphy Feels at Home at Rosenblatt - Omaha Storm Chasers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.