Saskatoon Blades Season Comes to a CloseApril 12, 2010 - Western Hockey League (WHL) Saskatoon Blades
Marek Viedensky opened the scoring at 10:06 with his team leading 7th goal of the playoffs from Jeremy Boyer to give the Blades a 1-0 lead at the end of the 1st period.
Saskatoon's Jeremy Boyer capitalized on the power play opportunity 41 seconds into the middle frame from Derek Hulak and Stefan Elliott to extend the lead to 2-0. The Blades continued to pull away as Gaelan Patterson notched his 4th playoff goal from Darian Dziurzynski and Walker Wintoneak at 1:11. Brandon's Colby Robak started the comeback for the Wheat Kings with his 3rd of the post-season, from Brayden Schenn and Scott Glennie at 4:03 to have the scoresheet read 3-1. Brandon's Aaron Lewadniuk continued the What Kings' comeback on the man advantage, from Jay Fehr and Travis Hamonic at 9:48. Scott Glennie evened the score at 3-3, from Matt Calvert and Brayden Schenn with 14 seconds remaining in the period.
Shayne Wiebe gave the visiting Wheat Kings the lead for the first time in the hockey game 5:07 into the final frame. Saskatoon's Charles Inglis evened the score at 4-4, from Josh Nicholls and Sena Acolatse, for his 1st post-season goal at 7:11. Brandon's Matt Calvert got notched the game winner, from Scott Glennie and Brodie Melynchuk, at 8:09 to clinch the best of seven Eastern Conference Semi-Final series 4 games to 2.
20-year-olds Derek Hulak, Walker Wintoneak and Sam Klassen were named the 3 stars as tonight was their last game as Saskatoon Blades.
Western Hockey League Stories from April 12, 2010
- Saskatoon Blades Season Comes to a Close - Saskatoon Blades
- Calgary Hitmen's Kris Foucault Named Boston Pizza WHL Player Of The Week - WHL
- Calgary Hitmen Announce First Two Home Dates Of 2010 Husky WHL Eastern Conference Championship - Calgary Hitmen
- Raiders have profile at WHL U.S. Prospects Camp - Prince Albert Raiders
- Game Six Monday In Saskatoon - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Calgary Hitmen Advance To Eastern Conference Final - Calgary Hitmen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.