Tampa Bay Lightning Signs G Jaroslav Janus To NHL ContractDecember 31, 2009 - Ontario Hockey League (OHL) - Erie Otters Press Release
Janus leaves the Otters after posting a 7-4-2-0 record with a 2.81 goals-against-average and.918 save percentage. He made 36 saves on 37 shots in Tuesday's 4-1 win at Saginaw.
The 20-year-old goaltender was drafted by the Lightning in the sixth round of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft in June. He also represented Slovakia in the 2009 World Junior Championships, leading the squad to the medal round.
Before joining the Otters this season, Janus made two starts for the AHL's Norfolk Admirals, allowing three goals.
The Otters close out the calendar year tonight against the Niagara IceDogs at 6:00 p.m. Fans can listen to the broadcast on Fox Sports Radio AM 1330 The Fan or online at ottershockey.com.
Ontario Hockey League Stories from December 31, 2009
- Shawn Lalonde Signs Entry Level Contract with Chicago Blackhawks - Belleville Bulls
- Otters Win Wild One On New Year's Eve, 8-7 - Erie Otters
- Otters Sneak By IceDogs - Niagara IceDogs
- Windsor Spitfires Defeat Saginaw Spirit 4-3 In An Overtime Shootout - Windsor Spitfires
- Tampa Bay Lightning Signs G Jaroslav Janus To NHL Contract - Erie Otters
- Majors End 2009 With A Loss - Mississauga St. Michael's Majors
- Spirit Battle Spitfires To 4-3 Shootout Loss - Saginaw Spirit
- Binnington Gets Call for World Under 17's - Owen Sound Attack
- Parlett Wins It For Majors In Over Time - Mississauga St. Michael's Majors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.