AHL Quick HitsNovember 6, 2009 - American Hockey League (AHL)
Wed 11/4 Adirondack 4, BRIDGEPORT 2 Binghamton 2, ALBANY 0 Hershey 5, LOWELL 2 Chicago 4, MILWAUKEE 3 ROCKFORD 5, San Antonio 3
Thu 11/5 PEORIA 5, San Antonio 4 (SO) HOUSTON 4, Manitoba 1
LOOKING AHEAD: Hamilton and Binghamton play out their entire 2009-10 season series this weekend at the homes of their respective NHL affiliates, meeting on Friday at the Bell Centre in Montreal and Sunday at Scotiabank Place in Kanata, Ont., outside Ottawa... The Bulldogs are riding an 11-game points streak (7-0-1-3) to begin the season, but two of their top four forwards - Tom Pyatt (6-3-9) and Ryan White (3-4-7) - start the weekend on NHL recall... Mathieu Darche (7-2-9) and Brock Trotter (3-6-9) also have a team-high nine points for Hamilton... Bulldogs goaltender Curtis Sanford ranks among the AHL's top five in GAA (1.32) and save percentage (.950) through eight appearances (5-1-2)... Binghamton counterpart Mike Brodeur is coming off a 25-save shutout in a 2-0 win at Albany on Wednesday... Josh Hennessy has registered a point in five of his last six games (2-4-6) for the Sens... Ryan Keller paces the Senators with six goals, and his 11 points are tied for the club lead with three-time AHL All-Star Martin St. Pierre (5-6-11).
The Atlantic Division's top two teams square off on Friday when Manchester (9-2-1-0) visits Worcester (7-3-0-1)... The Monarchs are riding a seven-game points streak (6-0-1-0), including a 4-1 win over Worcester on Oct. 31, but have lost three of their last four on the road... Manchester's Jonathan Bernier (6-2-0, 1.49,.956) and Jeff Zatkoff (3-1-0, 0.75,.978) have combined to surrender a league-low 1.42 goals per game... Rookie Andrei Loktionov has a point in six of his last seven games (2-6-8) and paces the Monarchs with five goals, 12 points and a plus-10 rating in 12 contests overall... Oscar Moller has found the scoresheet in eight of 10 games (4-5-9)... The Sharks have won four straight at the DCU Center since dropping their home opener to Lowell on Oct. 17... Defenseman Danny Groulx leads Worcester with 12 points (1-11-12) in 11 games, while forwards T.J. Trevelyan (5-4-9) and Andrew Desjardins (5-2-7) show a team-high five goals apiece.
Texas puts its three-game winning streak and five-game points streak (4-0-1-0) on the line this weekend when Manitoba visits the Cedar Park Center for a pair of tilts... Stars goaltender Matt Climie ranks second in the AHL in both GAA (1.30) and save percentage (.956) through six outings (3-1-2)... Aaron Gagnon has a point in five straight games (1-4-5) for Texas, and rookie Colton Sceviour leads the club with eight points (1-7-8) in 12 games overall... Greg Rallo, who skated for Manitoba last season, has put up five goals and seven points for the Stars thus far... Manitoba has totaled just three goals in losing its last three contests... Rookie Sergei Shirokov leads the Moose with 11 points (5-6-11) but is scoreless during the club's current losing skid... Marco Rosa snapped a 10-game goal-scoring drought in Thursday's 4-1 loss at Houston.
(all times Eastern) Fri 11/6 Lowell @ Albany, 7:00 Chicago @ Grand Rapids, 7:00 Hershey @ Portland, 7:00 Hartford @ Providence, 7:05 Syracuse @ Rochester, 7:05 Norfolk @ W-B/Scranton, 7:05 Manchester @ Worcester, 7:05 Binghamton vs. Hamilton, 7:30* Bridgeport @ Springfield, 7:30 Toronto @ Lake Erie, 7:30 Peoria @ Milwaukee, 8:00 Manitoba @ Texas, 8:30 Rockford @ Abbotsford, 10:30
Sat 11/7 Adirondack @ Albany, 7:00 Hartford @ Bridgeport, 7:00 Providence @ Lowell, 7:00 Hershey @ Manchester, 7:00 Toronto @ Rochester, 7:05 W-B/Scranton @ Worcester, 7:05 Norfolk @ Syracuse, 7:30 Manitoba @ Texas, 8:00 San Antonio @ Houston, 8:35 Rockford @ Abbotsford, 9:00
Sun 11/8 Hamilton vs. Binghamton, 3:00** Grand Rapids @ Lake Erie, 3:00 Lowell @ Bridgeport, 4:00 Springfield @ Portland, 4:00 Hershey @ Providence, 4:05
Mon 11/9 No games scheduled
Tue 11/10 Hamilton @ Rochester, 7:05 Binghamton @ Norfolk, 7:15
*at Montreal, Que. **at Ottawa, Ont.
ALUMNI WATCH: Rookie Logan Couture, who has 10 points in seven games for AHL Worcester this season, tallied his first career NHL goal on Thursday in San Jose's 2-1 shootout loss at Detroit... Fellow rookie Lars Eller, who shows 11 points in 11 games for AHL Peoria, made his NHL debut for St. Louis and scored the Blues' only goal in a 2-1 overtime loss to Calgary.
AHL CHATS: Drafted 14th overall by the NHL's Carolina Hurricanes in 2008, Albany River Rats rookie forward Zach Boychuk will enter the AHL Chat Room to answer fans' questions on Monday, Nov. 9. Visit theahl.com to submit your questions for Zach.
AHL LIVE: Watch live games, highlights and features, get video on demand and more all season long with AHL Live. Visit ahllive.com for more information.
American Hockey League Stories from November 6, 2009
- First meeting with Toronto ends in loss for Lake Erie - Lake Erie Monsters
- Climie and Texas shutout Manitoba 4-0 - Texas Stars
- Albany comes-back for 5-4 overtime win against Lowell - Albany River Rats
- 'Dogs drop first game in regulation 2-1 to B-Sens - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Falcons Beat Sound Tigers - Move Into Third Place In Division - Springfield Falcons
- Groulx-ing End To Nine Round Shootout - Manchester Monarchs
- Taylor's overtime heroics give Amerks ninth straight win - Rochester Americans
- Moose shut out in Texas - Manitoba Moose
- River Rats Snap Four-Game Winless-Streak - Albany River Rats
- Griffins Run Winning Streak to Six - Grand Rapids Griffins
- River Rats Rally to Drop Devils in OT, 5-4 - Albany Devils
- Falcons fly past Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Sharks Win in Nine-Round Shootout - Worcester Sharks
- B-Sens beat Bulldogs 2-1 for second straight win - Binghamton Senators
- Wolf Pack win over Bruins - Connecticut Whale
- Three-Goal Third Period Earns Crunch Hard Fought Point - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins edge Wolves, 5-4 - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals Win Third Straight Game to Even Record - Norfolk Admirals
- Pirates Blank the Bears - Portland Pirates
- P-Bruins fall to Wolf Pack 5-3 - Providence Bruins
- First Round Draft Picks Boedker & Ross Join Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Griffins' Three Games In Four Days Packed With Promotions - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Meet The Phantoms At UNO Chicago Grill - Adirondack Phantoms
- Crunch Announce Details Of Crunch Foundation Prize Wheel - Syracuse Crunch
- Coyotes Recall Heshka From San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Falcons Host The Sound Tigers Tonight - Springfield Falcons
- Amerks Look For Nine Straight Tonight Against Syracuse - Rochester Americans
- Crunch Sign Right Wing Simon Ferguson And Center Bryan Lundbohm - Syracuse Crunch
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- Pirates Sign Goaltender Nie - Portland Pirates
- Derlago Signs PTO With P-Bruins - Providence Bruins
- Griffins Welcome Wolves Tonight - Grand Rapids Griffins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.