Admirals Release Forward Tommy Goebel from PTOOctober 12, 2009 - American Hockey League (AHL) Norfolk Admirals
Goebel, a 5-foot-7, 170-pound forward from Parma, Ohio, appeared in one game with the Admirals and was scoreless with no penalty minutes.
Last season, Goebel appeared in 25 games with the AHL's Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, recording four goals and eight assists. He also skated in 35 games with the ECHL's Wheeling Nailers and scored 14 goals and 28 assists. The undrafted 24-year-old has appeared in 31 career AHL games between the Admirals, Penguins and Rochester Americans, scoring six goals and 11 assists.
The Admirals will hit the road tonight for a three-game trip. The first game is Wednesday night at 7:00 p.m. against the Albany River Rats. All Admirals games can be heard on STAR 1310-AM and star1310.com. You may also watch games on a subscription or pay-per-view basis online at ahllive.com.
To purchase tickets to any Admirals game, you may visit the Scope Box Office weekdays from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., visit any Ticketmaster outlet, call Ticketmaster at 1-800-745-3000 or visit Ticketmaster online at ticketmaster.com. Don't miss a minute of the action by purchasing your 2009-10 season tickets today. Stop by the Admirals' Administrative Offices at Scope, call (757) 640-1212 weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or visit norfolkadmirals.com anytime!
American Hockey League Stories from October 12, 2009
- Crunch Drop One to Americans 4-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Crunch Sign Goaltender Dan Tormey - Syracuse Crunch
- Blues Reassign Peluso to Alaska - Peoria Rivermen
- Rivermen Weekly - Peoria Rivermen
- Hogs Complete Three-Game Swing With Two Wins - Rockford IceHogs
- Mauldin Leads Sound Tigers over Senators in Matinee - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Admirals Set Out on Three Game Road Trek - Norfolk Admirals
- Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- B-Sens Fall To Sound Tigers In Overtime - Binghamton Senators
- Albany Completes Homestand; Set To Face-off With Adirondack in First TWCC Game - Albany River Rats
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals Release Forward Tommy Goebel from PTO - Norfolk Admirals
- San Jose Sharks Recall Forward Steven Zalewski From Worcester - Worcester Sharks
- Zweigle's And The Amerks Offer Red Hot Ticket Package - Rochester Americans
- Canadiens Assign Yannick Weber To The Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Crunch Announce Details of Supercuts Magnetic Schedule Giveaway - Syracuse Crunch
- Texas Sends Neal To Idaho, Releases Straub - Texas Stars
- Bruce Bowen To Give Testimonial At Rampage Faith Night This Saturday - San Antonio Rampage
- Amerks Take On Crunch Tonight At The Blue Cross Arena - Rochester Americans
- Pink At The Rink This Saturday Night - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Wolves Begin A New Legace Between The Pipes - Chicago Wolves
- Worcester Sharks return home in style ready for DCU opener - Worcester Sharks
- First Place Bears Head To Adirondack Friday - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.