Wranglers Add Two, Adam Miller to ReturnAugust 18, 2009 - ECHL (ECHL) - Las Vegas Wranglers
Adam Miller will be returning for his second full professional season and second with the Wranglers. The Livonia, Michigan, native skated in 54 games for Las Vegas during the 2008-09 season tallying 13 goals and 33 assists. The speedy forward also earned his first call-up during the 2008-09 season and scored one goal in ten games for the Milwaukee Admirals. Miller, 23, continued a history of performing well in the playoffs with 13 points in 18 games during the 2009 Kelly Cup Playoffs. Miller joined the Wranglers at the end of the 2007-08 campaign when he scored 3 goals and added 5 assists in 9 late season games. During the 2008 Kelly Cup Playoffs the rookie center was fifth on the team in scoring with 4 goals and 12 assists. Miller, who came to the Wranglers after finishing four years at Ferris State University in 2007-08, joins former collegiate teammate Dan Riedel on the 2009-10 Wranglers roster.
The Wranglers also announced that they have agreed to terms with winger John Morea. The Brooklyn, New York, native will be entering his first full professional season in 2009-10. Morea, 20, spent the 2008-09 season split between the MJAHL, the OHL, and the EPHL. The 5'9, 180-pound forward spent the 2007-08 season with the Bay State Breakers of the EJHL, and notched 27 points in 41 games. Morea was a three time EJHL All-Star, including a hat-trick in the 2007 All-Star Game. Morea was one of 53 prospects to participate in the Chicago Blackhawks Prospect Camp in July.
The Las Vegas Wranglers® are the ECHL affiliate to the National Hockey League's Phoenix Coyotes and the American Hockey League's San Antonio Rampage.
The Wranglers open the 2009-10 season at home on Friday, October 16, 2009 at 7:05 PM against Utah. 2009-10 season seat packages are on sale now at (702) 471-PUCK. The Wranglers play all 36 regular season home games at the Orleans Arena, located at the Orleans Hotel and Casino at 4500 W. Tropicana Avenue.
ECHL Stories from August 18, 2009
- The Hockey News Tabs Thunder Jersey For Fan Voting - Stockton Thunder
- Miller Time for Aces - Alaska Aces
- Meet One of the Newest Condors on Facebook - Bakersfield Condors
- Wranglers Add Two, Adam Miller to Return - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Fox and Fuller Return to Gladiators - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Thelen Returns to Everblades for Next Season - Florida Everblades
- Murray Promoted To Vice President Of Hockey Operations - ECHL
- Ryan Nie Returns To Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Aaron Clarke Re-Signs with Nailers - Wheeling Nailers
- Royals Ready for 'Thirsty Thursdays' at the Sovereign Center - Reading Royals
- Salmon Kings' Athletic Therapist Heads to Vancouver - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Royals Sign Forward Kyle Laughlin - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.