Bazardo Earns PCL Pitcher of the Week AwardJune 1, 2009 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Round Rock Express
Bazardo, who is 6-2 with a 2.59 ERA over 11 appearances with the Express this season, threw eight shutout innings in an 8-1 win over Salt Lake on May 26 and followed up with a complete-game shutout on May 31 against New Orleans. The Venezuela-native has allowed just three runs over his last 37 innings (0.73 ERA), winning four times with one no decision during that stretch.
Signed by the Astros as a minor league free agent before the 2009 season, the 24-year-old began the year in the bullpen where he is 2-0 with a 2.08 ERA over 8 2/3 relief innings. Bazardo was 2-2 with a 5.40 ERA in April and is 4-0 with a 1.49 ERA over six starts in May.
Bazardo is the first Express player to be honored by the PCL this season.
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 1, 2009
- Bees Edge Reno, 6-5 - Reno Aces
- Bowker Honored As Hitter Of The Week - Fresno Grizzlies
- Redbirds pound I-Cubs - Memphis Redbirds
- Zephyr Bats Come Alive To Beat Express - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Isotopes at RedHawks - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- River Cats Announce 'Bark in the Ballpark' at Raley Field - Sacramento River Cats
- Bazardo Earns PCL Pitcher of the Week Award - Round Rock Express
- PCL Names Players of the Week - PCL
- Kelvim Escobar to Make Rehab Start Tonight with Bees - Salt Lake Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.